Gabion Walls?

Looks like Dougal from Magic Roundabout is on your patio :joy:

The plan (and it is just a loose plan at the moment) is to put the gabion wall where the path is now, the lower beds will be gone, also the one that runs to the side against nextdoors house.
The gabion would be the height of the top of the falling over vertical pavers.

Much of the soil would be moved to the top to level it, then turf, existing walls would be used in the back of the gabions thus saving on hidiously expensive skips.

1 Like

I really like a nice sloping garden myself :smile:

1 Like

It’s an attractive idea!

1 Like

2 Likes

Haha, very good.

I like the metaphor of a cascade of cash being pushed continuously into a chasm :joy:

7 Likes

I feel your pain

1 Like

turn it into a dry ski slope

1 Like

Best idea ever :+1:

Have you priced up the gabion option?

Roughly a bag of sand using the internet.

I need to call a few local companies yet.

1 Like

I think that if I were faced with your garden, I’d construct something using railway sleepers. As long as you manage the drainage you should get 20+ years’ life from them and I much prefer wood to brick or metal.

But whatever you do, step 1 will be to get all the stone and concrete out of your garden, so I would never make it to step 2! Maybe you could hire a skip and some youths to fill it? Once it’s clear, the rest is doable.

1 Like

Why would he want a skip full of youths? Perhaps to distract attention from the boat, or the leaning tower of expense.

3 Likes

This.

… coz practicality and ease reasons

2 Likes

I think you should grow posh tea.

p181_d20190912181713_thumb_m

7 Likes

Anyway, isn’t it about time for GW’s second album? Unsolid Bastions was interesting, but he should have progressed by now.

1 Like

This. Even before coming up with an overall design, none of them should involve any concrete whatsoever.

As someone with a wife with green fingers and who has now been forced to watch many episodes of Gardener’s World, I can safely and with authority tell you that you’re going about this all wrong :rofl:

Getting rid of all the grey stuff will give you time to think through what you’d like there instead and the kind of use and functionality you want from your outside space, and how much maintenance and horticulture you really want to commit to.

1 Like