Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

Please let the fucking sound engineer not fucking well fuck it up this time
. @htm_1968

3 Likes

Bollocks. I would have gone to that if I had known about it. Probably not viable if I a being sensible though.

1 Like

2 Likes

Benefits at the 100 Club, April next year.

@MonitorGold10 if I’ve understood correctly what you’ve written elsewhere here, you might be interested in them playing Tunbridge Wells on the 25th.

1 Like

Do you go to all of these Eel Pie Club gigs Dave?

No Paul, not lately still quite ill, but one day I hoped to.

Best wishes Dave

1 Like

Fucking bang on! Thanks for the heads up! Im going to book the tickets! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Warrington Runcorn etc. in some kind of arts centre near Waterloo. Next May! Had to check that it doesn’t clash with Munich.

2 Likes

Just back from The Magpie Arc, a decent evening. James Fagan and Maddy Prior joined them for the last few numbers.

5 Likes

YOLO is what the girls say nowadays.
You Only Live Once. Right.

I already caught up to compensate a bit for not going to gigs in the past.
Since last summer I went to Oleta Adams, Keb Mo, Madeleine Peyroux, Kymara, Lizz Wright, Kehlani, Level 42 and Seeed (the Band of Peter Fox, that I played on CD at Scalford as well). Some of them with the girls.

The story continues and planned for next year: Lady Blackbird, Angie Stone, Dianne Reeves, Stacey Kent, Kari Bremnes, Christiana Branco, Joshua Basset, Ane Brun, Paul Carrack, Level 42 (again!), Annet Louisian, Diana Krall, Ulla Meinecke and Quadro Nuevo.

Let me tell you:
YOLO, you only live once!

4 Likes

He’s on blistering form and sounding great Ólan, wish you were here mate.

4 Likes

Took the kids to see the Xmas lights in Liverpool instead (spoiler alert; They’re shite). Had a magnificent feed at Spice Thai where I overindulged in the Pla Chu Chee to a ridiculous extent.

Wish I was at the gig though… :face_exhaling:

5 Likes

The Membranes

As a prelude to Fields of the Nephilim

2 Likes

Me too, currently in the Jacaranda feeling incredibly old, but loving the yoof vibe…

2 Likes

Bought tickets for Ron Sexsmith at The Stables in May, haven’t seen him before.

1 Like

Who’s this warming up in the bar at the Royal?

ah yes, our host Mr Boden and “mystery guest” Ms Carthy

joined after her sets by other locals for some Dungworth carols

5 Likes

[/quote]

Me too, currently in the Jacaranda feeling incredibly old, but loving the yoof vibe…
[/quote]
It’s life affirming seeing the kids go for it at a gig. I always take a wander down the front at every gig i go to. Despite what we are led to think it’s not all phones and selfies. There are loads of the yoof just rocking out. Give’s me hope live music is still going strong for a good while yet.

2 Likes

This site looks interesting, looks like a few events in Brighton @Kevin and London @Gyroscope

https://www.sofarsounds.com/countries/united-kingdom/all-cities

1 Like

What a totally crap site
Doesn’t tell you who is playing or where