Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

I insta-muted all the horn video threads but this “soundbar” reference keeps coming up. I’m assuming that it was something particularly bonkers.

Anyway, I could double up and try to persuade one of the horn-wranglers at Munich to stick Toxygene on.

2 Likes

Gig I’d love to go to - no pun intended

@Rob998 @htm_1968 one for you

2 Likes

Next Wednesday

September…

1 Like

New album out tomorrow, I think.

You’ve already pre-ordered, haven’t you? :laughing:

Surprisingly I have not, but then I work 10 minutes walk from Rough Trade…

1 Like

April fool…

I was at the first one shack did with Arthur lee…many many years ago

1 Like

1 Like

Sounds like it should be fun.

1 Like

Well I guess it all comes around eventually. This is now this coming Wednesday.

Also got the nod for Desertfest Antwerp towards the end of October. This doesn’t coincide with MiL’s birthday, meaning that wife would get an entire weekend on her own without drunken moron, meaning enthusiastic encouragement to go.

Went to this last night - took my two eldest (10 and 7) - it was their first concert. I was a bit nervous as it was quite late, the younger of the two generally can’t sit still, and Elgar’s Sea Pictures is, to me, to put it politely, a challenging listen.

Anyway it turned out to be a great evening, they loved it despite the awful chorals in SP. They found Mendelssohn’s Hebrides as moving as I did, and they liked the energy of Dvorak’s Symphony #5.

Re: Sea Pictures, it was funny, during the interval this posh old guy turns round to us and says, ‘I really don’t have time for singing or lyrics in classical music’ (a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with), ‘I used to be in the navy, clearly none of these people had ever been at sea, what nonsense.’ Made my evening.

https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whats-on/classical-music/sea-and-land-mendelssohn-elgar-dvorak?eventId=761875

3 Likes

Tickets for Police Dog Hogan on April 21st

and Oysters 3 (Jones, Prosser & Telfer) on April 26th

1 Like

1 Like

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess what these boys are called.

1 Like

Joss Stone in Cologne

2 Likes

Think I’d prefer baby oil myself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Suzanne Vega in Bath tonight.

9 Likes

Black Angels in Bristol tonight. Fantastic gig. Got a lift with a friend of a friend who was session drumming at The Old Duke for a blues rock band. We ended up there afterwards. Top night.

Passable Hendrix covers :+1:

8 Likes

There’s my Sunday night sorted

2 Likes