Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

and quite wonderful it was :grin:

In the Flat Field in full, followed by a best of Bauhaus selection. Top night with a bunch of old goths and even a few young ones

4 Likes

Lauryn Hill tomorrow night with Mrs Craig.

The reviews so far on the tour are, shall we say, mixed

Looking forward to this one…

Have they just finished the last show they started 40-odd years ago? It is prog isn’t it so 39 and a bit years for a ten song set plus two encores seems about right.

1 Like

I care not. Prog is what I live for. He is a great exponent.
And I’m 17 again :+1:

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

So the last show finished 60-odd years ago then??

2 Likes

Cunt :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I am definitely up for a bit of Fish Rising live! Hopefully they will add some dates nearer to Bristol.

1 Like

4 Likes

With guest vocalist making Kate Bush look gregarious, Elizabeth Fraser.
Live, they are something else.

I’m going to the gig on 24th Feb in Dublin. Should be a good night out.

1 Like

I wonder how they manage the big arenas and how ambitious it will be.
Judging by my experience of seeing them at smaller venues I have very high hopes.
Can’t wait.

Not known for being understated, should be epic.

1 Like

@Gyroscope - see the lineup - few artists that might attract me, but of course they set it up so I would need to go for two days to see all I would want to see,

Yes, thanks.

Err, Skepta, not really my cup of tea.

Mastodon in Brixton tonight.

It’s about 15 years since I last went to a proper metal gig (Rammstein, I don’t think their pyro was actually intended for indoor use).

Given my advancing years, it will be interesting to see

a) if I can be bothered to go
b) assuming that I go, what the age demographic is like

1 Like

One of favourite gigs was Mastodon on the “Crack The Skye” tour. I looked into seeing them in Bristol tomorrow but they’re too spendy for me now.

I have tickets to see Josefin Öhrn & The Liberation in April instead. Also going to Windhand in March.

go equipped with earplugs (sound in Brixton is shite at the best of time - but a metal gig), a crash helmet, body armour and a raincoat

take some selfies of you in the mosh pit

3 Likes

Looking forward to April 6th
Anyone else?

1 Like