Glorious junk food - sausage faff and ground up animals

That was supposed to be us this week, but Straya put that on hold until next year.

I bloody love those cylindrical little glasses.

This is Köln and we sell precisely one kind of beer. In one kind of glass. Have you got some kind of problem with that?

4 Likes

I like the occasional foray into junk food.

Obvs there’s bugger all opportunity up here. No McD, no KFC, no BK in fact no owt!

Mind you I do like to make my own burgers, deep fried chicken, etc. and sometimes hot dogs made with these

Aldi’s finest (I stocked up when I was at my Dad’s in September)

Love 'em.

3 Likes

So true, one of my favourite places I’ve visited, almost exactly 7 years ago we were last there. We spent the whole long weekend eating and drinking around all the seperate markets. Myself on the little Kolsch’s and Viv on the Schokolade mit Baileys

Cologne by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

2 Likes

was there a few years ago when they were in the middle of digging up the old jewish area, fascinating to see the different timescales where they had dug 30 or so feet down.

Pop back every few years to visit an old mate who lives in Dusseldorf (which he loves) unfortunately I find it a bit industrial and Alt is disgusting. Kolsch and Koln on the other hand is fantastic so I always spend a few days there as well :slight_smile:

If you miss Kolsch when you come back this place does a very good one:

1 Like

Meanwhile…

7 Likes

Fuck! It actually fucking exists! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes, must be worth a fortune.

1 Like

At a risk of derailing the thread.

8 Likes

Aldi sell frozen sausage patties that are virtually identical to the McMuffin ones.

1 Like

I like Leon burgers. Wish there was a Leon up here, I think the closest is Manchester.

Currently sampling the delights of. Tim Hortons £3.50 breakfast.

2 Likes

Proto Lopwell

1 Like