GoFundMe for Ukrainian Refugees

Some friends of mine just round the corner have taken in a group of refugees who have fled Ukraine. 3 mothers, and 3 children. They’ve organised a GFM for them - the Ukrainians are currently unable to gain employment in France due to paperwork (unsurprising for France), and they’re also very much not comfortable raiding my friends’ cupboards for food even though they have been told time and again to do so. So my friends are hoping this can be used to give them some cash to be able to go and buy their own food etc without feeling like they are impinging on hospitality etc. A sort of charitable fait accompli as it were. I know a number of you have tried to do similar yourselves so thought I’d post here:

As ever, no pressure.

8 Likes

Resurrecting this thread…

A friend has just taken in a Ukrainian student. She has a scholarship for a serious music placement, but this comes with a bursary of only £2k pa. Living in St Albans, this doesn’t even cover the train fare into London.

Does anyone know what sort of financial help is available for people in this kind of situation? Obviously GoFundMe is an option, but I was wondering if there is official help available as grants or whatever.