Goodwood

Just watched the McMurtry ‘thing’. 4 electric motors, a huge fan and 10 seconds quicker than anything else up the hill… what a weapon

2 Likes

That thing is astonishing!

Just set the all time record!

Video from earlier, mental!

6 Likes

Have loved watching that thing! It’s so tiny, and it looks all Rong, but fuck me it goes like a mix of drag-racer and stealth fighter.

Makes you think F1 would probably have become a >300mph sport if ground-effect/fan cars hadn’t been banned… :star_struck:

2 Likes

Well this seems as good a place as anywhere to flytip these pics.

Sam got access-all-areas-passes + full board at The Officer’s Club c/o her job to the Goodwood Revival (1948-1966 themed), and what a day it was!

Lucky shot -

Formula Junior:

500cc class - same era as my dad was racing:

Kids get a 247 (I think) yard dash in the their pedal cars:

You all know what these are:

1964 Shelby:

Sunbeam/Lister Tigers:

You all know what this is, too:

There were about 8-10 British Racing Lorries parked-up in the pits!

Bugs:

I forget:

MGs and Alfas:

The One True Colour Scheme:

Sir Jackie’s little runabout…

Lotus 56B (1971) Only F1 jet car - I never knew it was also 4WD until yesterday! Much blistered bodywork, including the poor bluddy driver!

VERY Low-tuses…

Lite relief:

All Possible WANT!

Or one of these would do:

Sampagne:

A break in the Officers’ Club:

Last race of the day - surprised me how un-token the racing was: the best drivers absolutely ragged the arses off these pristine and often EXTREMELY valuable cars, and quite a few finished the day expensively mangled:

Souvenir…

We’re very lucky to have good friends who live just 2 miles from the circuit, so an excellent social as well.

21 Likes

Also my idea of a proper day out :+1:
Did you get to see the BRM

1 Like

Saw (and certainly heard!) a number of BRMs from different years - whether any was The BRM eluded me at the time, due to some pretty relentless Champagne-ing…

BRM were based just a few miles from me in Bourne, and tested on an old airfield near Folkingham where we walk the dogs sometimes.

1 Like

Gentlemen?
And you still managed to get in?

2 Likes

All he was wearing was a jacket and a tie. The photos are on Twitter if you are brave enough. You can imagine how he secured his tie if you prefer.

2 Likes

(Shudder)

2 Likes

That watch is looking good on Sam, cracking match for that colour scheme. Didn’t you used to have one similar, did you sell yours?

1 Like

Chortle!

Indeed I did used to have one exactly like it!

1 Like