Head-Fi Question

I am using a 256 Gb iPhone 7 having surrendered my much loved iPhone 6 to my youngest. This change in phone has left me using bluetooth headphones which are at best horrible.

I’m mulling over buying an audioquest dragonfly red and some new cans. I’m not really arsed with a phone sized dac/headamp/brick so let’s focus on cans please.

This seems like a reasonable deal:

What other headphones (not IEMs) in the £70-£100 range are worth a try?

I meant to post a link to these yesterday.

£69 seemed like a very good price to me.

2 Likes

I like my Senn Momentum 2.0, sound great to me with just my phone

2 Likes

They are the very cans I am considering :grin:. The dragonfly is £169 at RS so we are looking at pretty much £60 for the Sennheisers in the bundle.

Alternative suggestions are welcome.

1 Like

No phone socket on the iPhone 7 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

what kind fuckjng phone is that. Ditch and get a nice Samsung phone

No. We all have iPhones because I get to manage/maintain them and I’m not adding the vagiaries of Android phones to my task list/list of things I want to destroy with fire.

Bloody Apple fanbois with more money than sense :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Different budget level, but as an iPhone user, I can’t recommend Audeze Sines with Cipher DAC-cable, too highly. Fantastically satisfying sound, and the DAC being built into a lightning cable, is superb design. They are about £450 RRP, but I picked mine up in mint condition for about 150, with the DAC as well, on eBay.

2 Likes

I am time poor so cannot waste it on frivolities like defrosting a freezer.

:fu:

Ftfy

I’ve got to go to work for the next 4 weeks I’ll have you know :angry:

Presumably one with a spillchucker.

1 Like

Lots of earphones on eBay are fake. If they are too cheap there is a reason. They always look identical to the real thing.
Once got some AT ones and the uk distributer confirmed they were replicas. You’d not know until you plugged them in.

True. But by no means all. I most definitely do not have a fake pair of Audeze. Just a second-hand, nearly-new pair.

2 Likes

Cheers Nick. They look very interesting. I chose the dragonfly as I thought it might be useful with my PC and/or iPad. Those Sines would be OK for the iToys anyway.

1 Like

I’d just recommend Audeze headphones generally. They’re leading the field with electrostatic headphone tech. They’re like audio-crack - I have no interest in regular headphones now! As well as the Sines I have LCD-2s, which are stupidly good.

2 Likes

Ah, right.

I’ve been using a first gen Meridian Explorer with the computer for years.

Now you’ve got me interested in the Dragonfly.

Twat :wink:

2 Likes

The Sennheiser outlet store is always worth looking at, if you have a specific model in mind.

https://en-uk.sennheiser-outlet.com/shops/index.php

:thinking:

:smiley: