Help needed to remove a spare wheel from heap of shit Kia Sorrento

Kerri had a situation this morning. Pot hole damage to near side front wheel. She then carried on driving… :laughing:

She called the AA when she got to her destination but it turns out the MOT ran out today, so they wouldn’t change the wheel. She got a tow back…

Now it’s here, I haven’t a clue how to get the spare wheel down from it’s recess under the car. Some kind of bracket but not sure there is the right tool in the motaaaaah!

Can anyone help?

some kind of ratcheted spanner to undo the bolt in the middle

1 Like

It’s pissing down, natch, and in a puddle of oil, natch. I cant quite get close enough to see if there is a nut on the end.

Haha, I’d looked at that. That car is 10 years newer than ours! Not the same, unfortunately.

1 Like

https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kia2/in/en/content/carnival-manual/topics/chapter6_7_2.html#:~:text=Your%20spare%20tyre%20is%20stored,below%20the%20right%20sliding%20door.

Makes a nice change from people complaining about not having a spare wheel and having to use the squirty stuff.

Anyway can you just take the existing one somewhere for them to fix? Might be easier. Although it does just look like a nut outside that bracket.

There is no (cheap at least) way of fixing. The wheel is fucked to my eye. Not sure I can leave the car jacked up in the road either…

Ok, problem solved. Kerri found the manual. :+1:

A little slot just inside the tailgate seal, into which a rod about 2 feet long is inserted and rotated counter-clockwise to lower the wheel.

Too late to do it today, now!

Would certainly take a woman to look for a car manual. If a man did that his balls would basically fall straight off.

3 Likes

6 Likes

I reckon you could tap that out, Father Ted style

5 Likes

properly broken, I’m afraid the brake discs don’t look great either.

2 Likes

May I just say:

Also:

4 Likes

Am getting these vibes.

1 Like

Oof. That must have hurt.

1 Like

That’s properly fucked :grinning:
There’s a big car breaker in High Halden may be worth a call ?

1 Like

Our Santa Fe has a nut under a flap at the end of the boot. Turn it and it drops the wheel down.

Sure it is the same thing with a Kia.

Well, that’s the anniversary card sorted. :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Council Road? Get a claim in.

1 Like