Help with my boiler prob .Please

Mick, I cannot stress this enough. Your mate working on boilers on sites may well wire boilers up. He may fault find on s-plan and y-plan systems. Unless he is gas safe registered to work on boilers he has no place inside a boiler. Especially one of these fuckers.

Yes he can look inside the control box etc. but not inside the case or combustion chamber. If it is not sparking then the air pressure switch needs checking… as do the seals, fan etc.

Just. Get . A . Fucking. Gas . Man. In.

Your spark will likely know one.

Please.

11 Likes

I’m on this now …I have found a contact to put me in touch with the lad who installed it …May take a day or so …I will let the boiler be till I can get it sorted …Again thanks I’m taking your advice …Micky.
Anyone any peppermints I can suck to generate heat :joy:

6 Likes

Good man.

If it’s any help, I’ve recently done this job on mine and the two white wires are indeed to the thermostat so polarity isn’t important.

Take Stu’s advice. Water is an expensive mistake, electricity is a dangerous mistake, add gas and you have the ultimate lethal cocktail.

Take care mate.

Funny how that has become the mantra in Norfolk recently…

Can’t think why :thinking:

1 Like

Add a curry in an undersized garrage and you have your answer.

Pretty sure he can reduce the cost of the extension by removing the outer wall single handedly

… and roof

…and some of Norfolk.

Meh, collateral damage

Accuracy

I was refering to the population (stopping digging)

What no one has mentioned, is that it’s illegal to interfere with a gas appliance unless you are a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Good post. Danger of explosion is not to be trifled with. I wonder if @Jim’s medical team are Gas Safe registered… :thinking:.

2 Likes

Here’s what Gas Safe (who, to be fair, are run by Capita and do have a business interest as well as a legal one) think you can and can’t do https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/media/1449/who-can-legally-work-on-a-gas-appliance-factsheet.pdf. I don’t know what the actual legislation says.

VB

… fuck it.

1 Like

Ninja edit du jour :+1:

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

May I add that I have done nothing more than change the PCB board and reset a switch whilst adhering to Stu’s and Mark’s advice .it seems what I have done on the electric side (safely of course) fits in the Gas safe rules .Again thanks Stu …I’m still awaiting contact from my installer …

To be fair, British Gas are doing radio adds stating how busy their engineers are and that they have put common fault tutorials online to help people have a go at fixing it before calling them out.