HELP! With numbers

Being doing this shit all morning but this one has got me to the point of screen punching, just got number blindness now. :grinning:

Below are the figures for all outstanding invoices we have with a company, they have made a payment of £2961.13 but I just can’t get the right combination of invoices to match the payment.

Please feel free to embarrass me by doing it in 10 seconds.

Phone 'em up and ask 'em what invoices they think they’ve cleared?

1 Like

That’s not the point of the exercise. :grinning:

Besides it’s taken a Letter Before Action to get to the payment stage so they are sulking.

Nightmare… Anyway, can’t help, I can only count to 3 and I need all my fingers and toes to do that…

1 Like

Deposit the cheque, quick, and get it cleared, then worry about. When you have to chase them, get the money in your account, then get them to explain, what they think they have done.
Spent years doing this, for a company I worked for.

4 Likes

There can be no more than 6 invoices - the smallest 7 add up to more than they’ve paid. And there have to be at least 3, since the two largest aren’t enough.

VB

1 Like

It’s already in via BACS just need to allocate it in QuickBooks.

Quick Excel fu says no possible combinations add up to the required amount.

1 Like

I just took the oldest invoices, and credited the remainder to the next invoice.

2 Likes

Thanks, I knew someone would have the skills!

This! Excel Solver to the rescue. They just transferred what they fancied

2 Likes

Ftfy :+1:

3 Likes

They have got plenty but just want to keep it all.

Or the standard inverse relationship between quantity of money and quality of accounting records is there once again.

1 Like

Did they add or subtract tax to it?

refixt :+1:

1 Like

The figures that I listed are inclusive of VAT, I have emailed them but don’t expect a rapid response.

Tell them you couldn’t make head nor tail about the money they sent, so you bought some speakers with it

4 Likes

I’M A POUND OUT

5 Likes