Heroes

Uncle Ben & Mr Kipling

10 Likes

Have you ever met them, and did they live up to your expectations ?

VB

1 Like

Met them? Stu is sponsored by them.

1 Like

Anybody who ever came out the other side of a Yes Album awake / sane.

Album?
I saw them live three or four times. :grinning:

1 Like

Why ?

Drug induced Psychosis lead you to believe it was a 2 day festival ?

Errr well one of the times was a drug induced 3 day festival.

Reading 1975

3 Likes

Ah, well you see, with that line up Yes were just supporting (or crew).

Forgiven, for that one :slight_smile:

haha, they were the headline band on Saturday night.

Dunno about heroes as such but I adored my great grandmother and still do. She taught me the value of hard work and of kindness.

Nice post.

A bit trite, I realise, but for these reasons it would need to be me mum.

We were pretty poor, but she always cooked, baked, mended for those worse off, and our home was always full of scumbags taking advantage, to these young eyes anyway.

6 Likes

I was at that one - off me tits all weekend

1 Like

Not trite at all. I wish I could say the same.

2 Likes

Asimov #1
Feynman #2
Senna (i learnt from a star struck lunch with with John Watson how to properly pronounce his name)
Hannu Mikkola (obviously, as he is a god)
Ari Vatenan - a gentleman through and through
Stig Blomqvist, another gentleman, like most rally drivers of that age very approachable like Jimmy McRae
Carlos Sainz - just good at EVERYTHING but modest
Henri Toivonen, sadly missed

1 Like

What went wrong ?

3 Likes

The world needs more people like Asimov.

2 Likes

From time to time I hear rumours of a film version of the Foundation trilogy, I do hope not as this is not Lord of the Rings! In anyone gives a shit the BBC Radiophonic Workshop version is available open source, not that this annoying to someone who has C120 tapes in the loft recording the whole series, no not at all . . .

Has to be my Mum, also. Coolest customer I ever knew. She fought cancer three times, over a 14 year period, and never once complained, or gave up any aspect of her life.As my Dad observed, she never once expressed the slightest hint of fear. It was a minor inconvenience, that she joked about, and brushed off like a common cold. On top of which she always gave sage advice to me, my whole life, and told it how it was. She was a quiet Master, to my mind, in the true tradition of Masters, in that she walked lightly on the earth, and said nothing of herself… just gave to everyone around her, and quietly got on with it. Sadly she finally died three years ago, and I remain in awe of her, as do all who knew her. I never did the standard Facebook post that everyone seems to do these days, when someone dies, as I preferred to keep it private, but this particular thread merits her inclusion.

26 Likes

Especially given the dogs dinner that was I Robot

1 Like

An excellent post Nick, uncanny how it mirrors my relationship with my mother, the kind of person she was, and how we lost her.
I have a real sense of injustice that such giving people are taken.

2 Likes