Hey there

I spend most weekends, in fact a lot of my time is spent not making derogatory comments about half the population.

1 Like

Starting a thread to introduce yourself is nice.

Now it is all a bit me me meh

3 Likes

Sunday is for polishing the Porsche

1 Like

Euphemism?

Louise has got the Mr Sheen out…

Whatever floats ones boat :thinking:

Barry??

6 Likes

Here’s the thing Stu, this forum isn’t what Dunn makes it out to be, and the forum members definitely aren’t what he makes us out to be.

We’re not the disaffected attack dogs of the 'wam, we’re not mounting a secret campaign to discredit him or destroy his business, we’re not a bunch of subhumans ( he’s waaaaaaay too fond of that word, and the last lot of people who were so fond of it were not the kind of people any sane person would want to be associated with, even mistakenly…) and we’re not a bunch of luddites who take the same old gear from bake off to bake off.

I’ve seen more variety of kit from the members here than I thought was possible. When he goes on about our bake offs and how we need “new” gear, you do realise he just means he’s pissed off that we don’t have any of his gear in circulation?

We’re basically a tolerant lot and if we call each other cunts, it’s in the nicest possible way and because we’re reasonably self aware to realise that we’re all cunts from time to time.

What we won’t tolerate is overt racism, misogyny, homophobia etc. All of which Dunn has happily hosted on his forum.

Remember that lot, and post up some of your DIY efforts in the appropriate section, tell us what music you’re listening too or making, join in with the fun and forget the lies that Dunn has told about us and you’ll probably enjoy it here.

Right, that’s enough of this helpful shit, I’m off to the pub to watch the mighty Reds thrash the Shite. Or vice-versa.

17 Likes

I have a small confession to make - there is an old NVA A60 in my system at the moment

until I fix the LJM L12-2 based dual mono

Deleted.

3 Likes

Could I borrow it when you’re sorted Dave? Keep meaning to have a listen to some NVA.

Midget fisting.

6 Likes

Too much mince pie interruption.

Certainly. I picked it up a while back, second hand at a decent price from a private seller on ebay, to hear what the fuss was about.
IMO, s’OK but nowt special.
It’s kept switched off both at the back and the mains when not in use (along with the other gear).
I have no time for the maker, his forum or his views.

1 Like

You keeping to the lighter end of the kink / fetish spectrum in your old age?

Point taken! :grinning:

1 Like

Day of rest innit.

Thanks Rob for the words of advice. I am a nice fella (honest) its just hard to judge how to pitch yourself to a group whom you do not know . Yes i am active on hfs as well as pfm, audioadicts (before it closed) and TAS a while back.

I am crazy about music -i do a fair bit of listening as well as playing (hanging around with musicians) and enjoy the diy aspect of electronics and sound systems.

I assure you i am my own man, nobody has prompted me to come here. Just bored of the usual forums and intrigued by you lot. It sure is a busy forum, i like that. I am not here to preach, just have a bit of fun. I used to be really anal about hifi but not anymore. Had a bit of a burn out after too much diy experimentation to the point of not being interested for a while.

My gear includes linn, naim, avondale, pioneer, b&w, MS, nva and diy. I have never had a valve amp, anything class A or D, chip amps, electrostatic speakers, ribbon tweeters, rim drive or idler drive tt’s. So you see i know bugger all only what i have had experience with, which is very little. You wont find me criticising anybody’s hifi choice as we are all different and i have had no exposure to a lot of stuff. Don’t go to shows or bake off’s and non of my friends give a shite about hi fidelity (who can blame them).

My comment on menopausal women was just a bit of frustration after my wife went off on one. Early menopause.

Laters

4 Likes

None

2 Likes

Nice spot sir, worthy of an award.