Holidays

The foreign train is the best way to travel.

2 Likes

I don’t expect to take many more flights in my life. We’re driving to the Netherlands for our next holiday, and wife and son are looking to go interrailing for three weeks next year.

The only time I expect to fly again might be for “once in a decade” holidays that we might take to South America, East Asia and the like.

It’s partly the environmental impact, sure, but much of it is the utterly terrible experience that flying tends to be.

3 Likes

Better standard of car here…

All a bit more black and white (literally, every car is one or the other).
Maybe due to the view…

1 Like

Holiday snaps, meh

12 Likes

A stretch to describe it as a holiday but a night at Hambleton Hall ain’t too shabby.

15 Likes

That fucking grass tho.

1 Like

I’ve had a word mate. Hopefully a £5 voucher coming my way.

1 Like

9 Likes

Calm down :smiley:

Pay me no heed!.

1 Like

Munich mid-August.

It looks like the 1986 Ravenscourt Park flat (fucking hell that was a tip. £4 a week rent. The police came round to ask us if we knew anything about the dead body outside the bedroom window) is closing ranks.

Mate A in Munich gets divorced this month.

Mate B, now in Chicago, is on duty in July.

I’ve got August.

TBH it’s not a huge cross to bear. Bavaria in summer is great, the biergarten around the corner from his house is really nice, and it would be rude not to slip in a cheeky halb liter in Paulaner im Tal.

4 Likes

Wife not happy because I’m going mid-week and she wants a weekend to herself :laughing:

I have committed to buggering off some time soon. Anyone want a house guest for a weekend?

1 Like

Booked my ferries for the trip South in September. Leaving 3rd Sep and return on 22nd.

16-18th is the Settle weekender, now looking for somewhere interesting to go for the previous weekend. Remainder of the time will be at my Dad’s in Hartlepool.

It will be my first time off Shetland for 2 years!

18 Likes

We’ve always got a spare room, I just might be away for most of August.

1 Like

Flight back to Blighty today.

[old git mode on/] Oh well, at least we’ll be sleeping in our own bed tonight [off]

4 Likes

I love optimism :grin:

1 Like

Aeroporte Lisboa experience… good food selection and then there’s…

Narelle’s struggling to look happy. #endofholidayblues

8 Likes

Not sure about Narelle’s hat.

Chanel or Versace?

4 Likes

Michael Kors or go home.