Holidays

I was wondering about Mourne Seafoods in Belfast, but we ended up going to its parent in Dundrum.

Main courses consumed too fast for photographic evidence.

Then just down the road to Tollymore forest park.

Overall: green / 10 points

If you saw the detective series The Fall, the final scenes were filmed around the park.

I think there might be some Game of Thrones connection too.

Arsing around achieved without falling into the river. This despite the amount of Guinness consumed with lunch.

Reasonable view of the Mournes through the car window on the way back. After early years in Belfast, this is where the wife grew up.

24 Likes

Bread, cheese, cider and calvados for tea last night. All local things. Really quite tasty.

Moving on to Brittany later.

15 Likes

Drove down to Dinan. Side of head did not have enough sun protection. Bit silly that. Going out for us tea.

3 Likes

Dinan is really very nice. We like it.

1 Like

We’re off to Aberaeron tomorrow.

images.jpeg-1

9 Likes

Having a week with daughters in a timber lodge near Tintern in S Wales. Stunning views from the deck across the Wye Valley.

20 Likes

Moved on from Dinan. Couple of nights in NW Brittany. View from room.

10 Likes

Lovely

Off near Okehampton next week with extended Kettle family. Any local gen on stuff to entertain KettleJnrs?

Not sure it holds much attraction for Yoot but it is where the writer of War Horse lived. And the pub is excellent…

1 Like

Tis a nice pub.

This place has enough strangeness & working exhibits.

https://www.dinglesfhc.co.uk/

Also here if it’s functioning on one of the weekend days.

And a manageable walk along the Fisherman’s path in the Teign Valley from the A382 (Mill End) where it crosses the Teign to Fingle Bridge and then back along the higher Hunters Path past Castle Drogo & back to where you started.

Or head down to Wadebridge & hire bikes to ride along the very level Camel Trail down to Padstow for a pasty & back. It’s a beautiful ride.

Belstone just below Okehampton on the edge of the moor is also worth a look.

It is indeed. We used to make an annual pilgrimage. We have friends who live near Holsworthy, so it’s a perfect place to stay.
Our friends have now extended their farmhouse, so we stay with them. We always try to have lunch at the Duke. Their Steak & Kidney Pudding is to die for.

1 Like

Les Alpes

14 Likes

Ashburton in Devon.
Thought I’d nip in here and get myself a stylish new wardrobe.

The guitar shop had me picturing myself in Wayne’s World or perhaps playing Smoke on the Water and being thrown out.

Rather annoyed to have missed the pig racing :rage:

Lovely lunch at The Ruggleston Inn at Windecombe in the Moor.

9 Likes

Widecombe on the Moor because clotted cream ice cream with clotted cream on top….

14 Likes

Lovely place usually ruined with coaches in the summer

You’ve picked a great week

1 Like

It was pretty much empty earlier!

2 Likes

Make sure you remove the flake before giving it to the pooch - chocolate’s bad for them :joy:

1 Like

We did mackerel fishing!

7 Likes

We caught it, we killed it, we gutted it, we cooked it, we ate it. Yum!

16 Likes