Hoovers

Most commercial cleaners seem to use Henry vacuum cleaners.
We had one for 20 odd years but it recently broke.
We now have a Lidl silver crest battery one it is rubbish at sucking compared with most mains ones but Claire likes it. Now we have only one carpet it’s less of a problem.

In the garage and for house DIY I use a 800w screwfix drag along titan machine it certainly is very good at sucking and very cheap at £70

Our experience is totally the opposite, we’ve had a Shark upright for 5 years (mains) absolutely brilliant, nothing comes close for getting pet hair off carpets.

This.

forum tag line?

Sebo.

well that’s all about as clear as mud -
shark - may or may not be a piece of crap.
dyson - may or may not be a piece of crap
meile - pretty good but drag along only which we hate
Sebo- isn’t that some sort of skin ooze or something, may be the best thing since sliced bread.

Seriously though thanks for the insights, will take a look at the Sebo uprights and see what the mrs thinks.

I think @A_Touch_of_Cloth may be on holiday so on his behalf let me just say Siemens. I’ve never seen one myself. We have the same Hoover cylinder we bought in 1987 IIRC. It’s on its third set of tools but is otherwise still fine. It’s lifted the dust/rubble following the replacement of all the ceilings and most of the wall plaster in this 4-bed Victorian house. It seems to be indestructible.

VB

1 Like

You need plenty of suction…

5lZHzGPr_20191022103717

5 Likes

Sebo.

Our Dyson V6 Animal has just met it’s maker after 6 years. We went to John Lewis to try out some alternatives;
Shark = Cheap(ish). Too heavy. Too noisy. Poor service record.
Dyson V8 Animal = Lighter than the V6. Known product. Good back up.
Others = Not worth considering.

Dyson it is then :+1:

We still have a 12-odd year old DC08 Animal which I use in t’brewhouse. Never missed a beat.

1 Like

I have no anecdote to add to the discussion. :slight_smile: