Hoovers

Seeing as this is the least logical place to ask and that fact alone will probably wind some here up to aneurysm levels of apoplexy can anyone recommend a good hoover / vacuum. Both corded and cordless. The wife wants a heavy duty upright one for downstairs and cordless one for light duty upstairs. She’s currently fixating on sharks even though her best friends one has exploded. Dysons seem to have mixed reviews and my mums was shite and meile don’t seem to do uprights or cordless so I’m at a loss. Don’t want to spend a fortune but realise the reality is you get what you pay for.

Our cheap ish Vax is around 3 years old. Does the job, its upright, it sucks hard.

We bought a hand held and a drag along from the Dyson outlet on eBay for bugger all about 4 years back. They made it intact though our renovations despite the immense amount of usage and abuse they were subjected to. I bought them to replace an upright piece of shit Dyson that we had for years and needed to be dismantled every 5 minutes when vacuuming even the cleanest of carpets. The Dyson hand-held with the full length wand thing is superb. The drag along is great. I’ve never had an upright that wasn’t shit irrespective of brand though.

Miele for the upright. We dicked about for years with crap hoovers but the Miele does everything you’d want.

5 Likes

Miele for the downstairs
Weve had an S2111 for a long long time, still works as it it did when bought, ( which is what i want from a vacuum ) got a dyson cordless too for easy jobs, pretty much shite ill never buy again, cordless yes but not that brand.

Hoovers suck

1 Like

Haha same story

Miele just work and keep working.

Shark are total shite, they always were, now they are shite with expensive marketing

1 Like

Whatever else you do, run screaming in the general direction of “AWAY” from anything made by G-Tech. Utter, utter shite. All of it.

The same will probably be true of anything on heavy advertising rotation.

1 Like

My Miele broke after a year and a half, motor wrapped up. They are no more expensive than many others these days.

Don’t think you are supposed to use a domestic hoover as a woodworking dust extraction unit :grinning:

Lol, have had a VAX on that duty for five years now :slight_smile:

Nilfisk, over 20 years and still running faultlessly

This. Have a 37 y.o. one still going strong.

SEBO upright and Miele for a R2D2 type thing, and you can have fun killing small children and animals with the chord rewind :grin:

Dyson drag along, lasted years, despite the abuse of building works and DIY. Dyson V12 V10. cordless, great tools, battery is just enough to give the whole house a quick once over.

That the one with the cough digital motor? :clown_face:

I have no idea, personally I dont care about the branding or marketing talk, just if it does the job.

I did however get the model number wrong as I noticed when I was hoovering up cat litter this morning. It is the V10

The most annoying thing about these is the huge price variation. I bought a Miele c2 cat and dog from Argos for £140 two years ago, which my cleaner seems entirely happy with (she hated the cordless before that), but it’s now £250 everywhere.

I think that the drag along ones are the best; uprights are too heavy and cordless ones suck the wrong way.

Priced in euros ?

VB

We have a Shark. It’s a bit hit and miss tbh. Battery life is reasonable, and it’s ability to get stuff up (especially pet hair) is pretty good. But there are some significant design flaws in terms of just how fucking easily it can get blocked, and how annoying it can be to sort some of those blockages.