Horn Videos Playing Jizz šŸ’©

Uh neither are you monocords

For all the digital YouTube compressed negatives, Iā€™d take ā€˜A sip of the juiceā€™ in preference to a wordy written description from a stranger (Often more limited and meaningless than a film IMHO) I do run my computer through monitors which I prefer to built in phone speaker. At best it serves as an inaccurate indicator.

3 Likes

Lol, someone with morrissey as his avatar criticising peopleā€™s music choices. :rofl:

My irony meter just burst.

11 Likes

the smiths morrissey GIF

1 Like

What language is that the translation of ā€˜cuntā€™ in?

5 Likes

English x

Such a good singer he has to label himself so people know

2 Likes

:rofl:

I mean, I like the Smiths, but that is fucking funny because Morrissey really one of the biggest thundercunts ever born.

7 Likes

Donā€™t you think all fans know this

I donā€™t think they have much self awareness, tbh. (based on a sample of 1 :grinning:)

3 Likes

I just donā€™t get the point as I cannot hear anything to distinguish one clip from another apart from the music used and the effect of reverb.

Maybe itā€™s just me but I canā€™t take what Iā€™m hearing via a completely limited speaker medium and somehow translate any of that into genuinely what it would actually sound like in room.

Not without an awful lot of applied imagination and therein lies the flaw.

3 Likes

Auditory adaptation does this all the time, every waking moment and it gets more acute as we age.

So how old do i need to be to make tinny reproductions of plinky plonky jazz representative of the actual in room sound to base any credible conclusions upon? :smile:

Forget in room sound. When it comes to YT recordings (if reasonably well micā€™d) you can hear a sense of the bass, a sense of the mid a sense of the HF. (As well as timing, tone and integration) This limited ā€˜Senseā€™ is still to my mind superior to words, you donā€™t get firm conclusions (Unless things are obviously wrong) you do get a little insight.

1 Like

You get a sense of a song when played out of a speaker in a birthday card
But ā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦Currently experiencing a ā€˜senseā€™ of pedantry.

Nevertheless Iā€™ll run with it. Supposing you had never heard the song ā€˜Happy birthdayā€™ and didnā€™t read music. You would get a better sense of it from the card speaker than from words. Would it be the same sense as being stood in front of the Choir of Kingā€™s College in a private rendition No, but it would be an indicator.

2 Likes

Hey Kedar, welcome back to AA. Thanks for posting. Iā€™ve enjoyed this thread. Horns and jazz, whatā€™s not to like? Itā€™s maybe not gone as you might have hoped but it has been very entertaining. Youā€™ve got to love this forum.

7 Likes

:laughing:

Welcome back @bonzo75

Yeah, Iā€™m afraid that any and all threads will get horribly derailed, but if youā€™re prepared to go with the flow (or at least dribble) then you might find somewhere that might be comfortable.

1 Like

I admire the effort put in to this thread. I have no wish to listen to YouTube videos of speakers though. Really just donā€™t get it.
YouTube is for funny cat videos and people having daft accidents.

5 Likes

If you record other systems on the phone and play them back you will get a difference in dynamic range, bass, tone, etc that will be a good representation of what the difference is like in person.

Now I have just put up what I thought sounded good in the room and I havenā€™t put up similar records across systems. If I put something that sounded bad in the room, the contrast on YouTube playback is easy to discern. I will do a couple tomorrow.

1 Like