Horse Racing

As mentioned,had Altior today along with my first ever cross country winner (still an odd race) with the impressive ‘Tiger Roll’ :clap:
Mind you,Samcro looked the real deal too :+1:

2 Likes

One bet yesterday - Altior. So all good for me. Was going to punt Black Corton (the horse owes me nothing) but got stuck in a meeting and couldn’t get the bet on - money saved :+1:

Another good day on Thursday but Mall Dini getting pipped in the last after looking all over the winner rather spoilt it as I had him at 10/1 antepost.:disappointed:

Laurina was the most impressive winner of the week - awesome.

Gold Cup today - wide open so should be exciting.

Had Pennyhill yesterday, plus Wholestone ew in the same race. Also did the r/ex :disappointed_relieved:

I was on Supasundae at 25/1 antepost.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Feck - we could have cleaned up on the trifecta

1 Like

Any tips for gold cup ?

Polish. Plenty of polish.
If that doesn’t work then a trusty pin.
If that doesn’t work then I’m on Our Duke. But my tipping is generally shit :pray:

1 Like

Had my best day ever today thanks to big antepost bets on the last two races (big bets on them which I laid off at much lower prices and so no risk to my money if they lost) and also had nice straight win bets on the Triumph Hurdle and Hunter Chase winners.
Didn’t win on the Gold Cup but then my horse Djakadam was a 33/1 shot and actually ran really well for a long way. Was a great race between the two favourites though.

Won decent money evey day this week and finished around £4k up.:sunglasses:

Can’t wait till next year - already put a nice antepost treble on.

As Slade would sing ‘I wish it could be Cheltenham every day.’:smiley:

Turf Flat racing starts again next week - onwards and upwards.

3 Likes

I bow to your punting :+1:

Was on Remiluc ew and Kilbricken Storm ew but only to small stakes

1 Like

It’s more trading on the betting than outright punting and I can only really do it in a big way at Cheltenham because the bookies price up all 28 races up way in advance and many offer non runner no bet on antepost bets so that takes away the risk.

All I have to do is decide which horses are going to be much shorter prices on the day - something I am rather brilliant at even if I do say so myself.:star_struck:

PS: how the heck did you pick Kilbricken Storm.:flushed:

Have you ever managed to get a ‘green’ screen on the trading?

As for KS - just a hunch really. Nothing other than it would go on the ground and had a chance, in my mind anyway. Still, it made for good shouting at the telly last night when I got home from work :grinning:

Grand National on Saturday - likely to be a bit of a slog with all the rain around. A low weight might be a big help in such conditions.

Have backed Ucello Conti @ 33/1 a few weeks back and have another massive longshot on my mind but want to wait until the final field is declared on Thursday in case it’s a non runner.

As malbec can confirm the other horse I was interested in was Pleasant Company who I backed several times between 60/1 and 40/1 - one more stride.:weary:

I had Pleasant Company as well. But I don’t do each way.

Yeah, you were unlucky there. I managed a 4th & 5th so made a little

1 Like

Backed my first winner at the GN so very pleased to pocket £300 :grinning:

Wife had the second place horse which put on a massive spurt to the post and was only a stride away from pipping Tiger Roll. There were some mixed emotions after the race result had been confirmed :grimacing:

1 Like

Impressed that you’d take a £30 punt!

No I backed it much earlier :+1:

4 Likes

Only 4 days to go till Cheltenham.:partying_face:

1 Like