How actually do you feel?

Cheers, not even looking that up, sounds scary. :grin:

First one (2 years ago) was supposed to sort the problem but I kept getting flutters so they wanted to do another to check. Turns out the first one was a success and they have no idea what’s causing the flutters but assured me it’s nothing dangerous. Looks like I’ll be on light beta blockers for a very long time

Heart problems are rubbish, but there are loads of well developed drugs and treatments. It’s definitely worth seeing the doctor, it can add years or even decades of quality life.

1 Like

ECG and full bloods at 11, this is going quickly.

6 Likes

All the best nick …speedy recovery … :+1:

1 Like

In a word ? Fucked !

I’d been sailing along pretty well, but I’ve more recently struggled with my Black Dog.

Work is tough at the moment. Not the actual work itself but the lack of staff means we have to pick up the slack, along with swapping and changing shifts more frequently. This means more physical disruption. My sleep patterns are non-existent. If I can catch an hour of uninterrupted sleep, I consider that a win.

Added to that, Moral Dilemma - #51 by OzzyOzzyOzzyOiOiOi

Some have already noted that I’ve been a bit quiet of late. Well, this goes some way as to explain why.

I know this all comes across as “Oh, woe is me”, but I do find the company of you freaks and nut jobs comforting.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear this Terry. Hang on in there mate - the better times follow the worse.

1 Like

I would normally recommend a course of masturbation.
Did you know that you can sell your masturbations? :wink:

3 Likes

I recommended that for @Valvebloke

I must find out how he got on.

5 Likes

Sleepy mog face to help you relax Bruv :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

I think he prefers spiders

This is the bit I find most disturbing.

2 Likes

I suspect this may go against the grain but if you’re lacking the motivation to work and struggling to get through your shifts, maybe consider taking some time off sick? If nothing else, given the lack of sleep, it would give you a chance to recharge your batteries.

Obviously this has been a difficult development for your to come to terms with. Have you considered talking it through with a counsellor?

2 Likes

If you are not the one picking the shifts or deciding on/being responsible for staffing levels then this should not be your problem. A level of unsociable hours comes with the job, but that should never be unlimited.

{{{manhugs}}}

Keep-on keeping-on, tho’ I’m in the perilous position of agreeing with Helmit - a nice ol’ sicky would be eminently justified here - you owe your employers very much less than nothing!

1 Like

:grin:

4 Likes

As promised, it sure took my mind off all my other problems :+1:.

1 Like

Good morning all. Just had an appointment with the GP.

The hostile atmosphere at work had started to have an effect on my mental health; fuck all energy to do stuff on days off; not cleaning car like I usually do; not cleaning the flat as often; cancelling meeting up with friends with poor excuses.

I’ve become increasingly plain speaking at work to; most recently taking a manager to task about a piece of late paperwork that I needed. Nothing that isn’t Employment Law unfriendly; just raised a few eyebrows.

I must thank some fellow Meatmen here though for the Personal Messages and advice and everyone here for providing laughs with the banter which has (just about) kept me (relatively) sane.

I’ve at least a couple of weeks off now with options to extend, which gives me time to make use of the resources offered by the Surgery- Talking Therapy, etc as well as catching up with friends and decompression time.

There is a lot going on at the moment; the Hostile atmosphere started after I engaged with the Local MP and a well known Transport Organisation to get Meal Relief Facilities re-instated.

I didn’t have the support of the (then) recognised TU Representative whos spent time cunting me off behind my back.

I also asked my Local MP for help in getting Covid-19 Secure Measures implemented as the company was slow to roll these out.

Highlighting dangerous faults with buses (damage to bodywork; exhaust gas leaks into the saloon; oil leaks and more) and covering my backside with emails and pictures hasn’t helped, but it is necessary in order to protect my licence…

This shit has been going on for about five years; on top of that, the Pandemic and losing a good friend earlier this year; yeah, this old bus had become a bit overloaded…

23 Likes

Hope the break gives you chance to unwind and reach a calmer perspective on things.

1 Like

Take them up on the Talking Therapy offer. It really helped my daughter a lot.

1 Like