How do you slice your toast and do you have marmalade on it?

Fixed it.

I quite agreeā€¦ although not for the toast, more for the rigid no-nonsense ā€œthumbs upā€ at the end.

1 Like

As regular loaves of bread go, this stuff is my current favourite for toasting.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Never mind cutting it, toast is complicated enough. It comes from the toaster hot but cooling fast. You have to get the butter temperature right. Straight from the fridge, too cold to spread. Softened a little in the microwave, but too soft & it all sinks in.Thereā€™s a clash of two temperature gradients. Get it right and you have butter on your toast that has good coverage but still has some firmness in places. You do want the pleasure of having to bite through some butter before hitting toast. You have to be careful not to add too much marmalade & cool everything off. You canā€™t be making a cup of tea while the toast is meeting the butter. Timing is critical. Tea has to be made first. And then, even if you get it all right, someone might call you on the phone (itā€™s too early you thoughtless bastard) and the toast goes cold ruining the effectā€¦ No. Not as simple as it seems.

4 Likes

Remind me, what time is breakfast?

:smirk:

feck off!

3 Likes

Of course, speak tomorrow :grinning:

In 38 years on this planet Iā€™ve never seen 3. Never. Itā€™s made me feel uneasy looking at it. Just looks wrong.

8 Likes

Hotels do 1. They are wrong.

1 Like

Iā€™ve explained to clients that toast waits for no man and I would call them back later. They were never impressed, implying or inferring that toast was not a valid excuse. Fuckā€™ em I thought. Toast waits for no man.

Also I slice only no. 2

1 Like

Somewhere between 1 and 2. But with nicer bread. Thinly scrape cool butter. Add jam if you fancy. Never marmalade. It is shit. You know it is shit, so donā€™t bother with your pathetic arguments.
Morninā€™.

1 Like

What the fuck does that even mean? Some random jaunty angle that produces two useless trapezia? In what way does that make sense?

4 Likes

If you can or have to ā€˜scrapeā€™ your cool butter onto the toast then Iā€™m afraid something has gone horribly wrong. Either the toast is over cooked and too hard or it has gone cold but still too hard and probably both. Itā€™s evident that you arenā€™t getting the lubricating effect of hot toast against cooler butter so you should really have a word with yourself and start again. And the notion of jam being preferable to marmalade? For breakfast? How old are you? Grow the fuck up.

3 Likes

How much of a fuck do you think I am giving?

I also like lemon curd on my toast.

Perhaps I should have described the butter as thinly sliced.

1 Like

Lemon curd is good, but you are wrong about marmalade. Itā€™s ace. And no.2

2 Likes

To be clear. Jam on toast is fine at tea time. Marmalade definitely isnā€™t. The only time jam can be used at breakfast is on croissants.

Do adults eat jam on toast?

1 Like

No

2 Likes

Damson jam fucking rocks

2 Likes