How often do you visit concerts?

I never went to concerts in the past and thirty something years later regret that I skipped and missed out.
So recently looking more at concerts than ever before.

Question: how many concerts do you as regular concert goers visit in a year?
I have now booked 15 for this year. I just have no idea if that’s an acceptable number or if I’m pushing the goodwill of Mrs RN a bit too much.

2 Likes

Probably an average of two per month, although there are outliers e.g. if my aging body can keep up with my ambitions then May is going to be pretty hectic.

Mrs G is fine with this. She can cherry - pick the ones she fancies, otherwise she gets some “me time” when I’m doing the experimental jazz, niche doom etc.

3 Likes

I used to be around once a week when i was single and lived in the city centre. Back then Glasgow had a great music scene and some brilliant venues.
Now it’s tailed of a bit, I only have two booked for this year so far but will probably end up at around ten. A lot of the bands I followed such as Arcade Fire, The National are now playing in these purpose built arenas. I’m really not a fan of the big corporate sheds, you are treated like sh!t and ripped off for everything so I tend not to go to those as often as I used to.

2 Likes

Not been to one in 4 years. Hoping to get to a couple this year

1 Like

10 or so a year
I used to go to more when I lived in Brighton.

You could go to a gig every night somewhere in Brighton

1 Like

Used to be about 1 a month. Not very many now though - 3 or 4 a year.

1 Like

Once a year is all I manage. So few bands touring that I like.

1 Like

Once upon a time I went to at least one gig per week. Now I’ve been to 3 in the last year. I’m still a bit iffy on crowds post-CV19.

2 Likes

I’ve been to lots of gigs in the past but never shook the disappointment with how most bands end up sounding in-room. I like the scale and sheer dynamics and the chance to see an artist perform, but over time the nagging doubt and work based distractions mean I see fewer and fewer bands.

I tend to go with FoL now as she is more enthusiastic so I’d say maybe 6-10 a year I find worth going to.

1 Like