I hate Straya

It’s just another way of saying he’s Australian.

2 Likes

G’Day mate Australia

🤷🏻‍♂️”i don’t get ppl who travel on Easter weekend…it’s like woohoo a whole extra 48 hours off 😱😱😱 let’s pack everything we own, 17 kids, the canoe, the bbq, pack enough food to feed the whole of a 3rd world nation for a month, the bikes, the dog, 18 fishing rods and Grandma in the 4 tonne LandCruiser we don’t know how to drive… then we’ll leave early to beat the traffic, ermmmm 10 k out of town no… every other numpty with a BCF membership got the same idea 🙄 oh well nevermind nothing like 9 hours in a traffic jam with screaming bored kids fighting over the DVD player and mashing half chewed lollies on the carpet while singing “Let it Go!” out of tune for the 19th time…

11.5 hours from home you’ve covered 43.6 kilometres and your cheese is about to slide off your cracker 😤 so you pull into a Service Centre packed with 9753 other equally mental fools, park sideways across 6 spots in the truck section coz you know the Toyota runs on diesel so it’s a ‘truck ‘ isn’t it??

You all pile out of the big lorry ignoring the cold stares from the guy trying to park his 80 foot bdouble for a regulation break, send the kids to line up at Maccas for 57 minutes then still have no fkn clue what they want by the time you reach the server 🤨… it doesn’t matter what the stinking rugrats order anyway coz 11 minutes later the wrappers are floating across the carpark, the soft serve is on the leather seats and the 9 year old has pickles in her hair and is screaming ‘you’re a poo poo head!” at the 7 year old who refuses to sit forwards or put his seat belt on 👊🏻

25.8 hours after leaving home you reach the campsite a whole 103 ks away only to discover there’s no spots left within 17 kilometres of the beach or a toilet so you set up camp with the brown snakes 🐍 nowhere near the neighbors who promised to hold a spot for you 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

You spend the next day and a half listening to half pissed Shazza’s yelling “JAYDEN!!! Stop hitting your brother!!” and mumbling to your mates around the campfire about ‘serenity’ and ‘the good life’… 🔥

9am Monday you’re thinking prison food can’t be that bad surely??? If I just bury them deep enough nobody will find them??

You say fuk this I’ll leave early and beat the traffic while visions of the 23 hour journey down here flash through your head 💭🤔

So you pack the whole shebang back into the Pickle mobile along with the wet dog and sunburnt kids whining “weeeere hungreeeeeee!!!” , pull out onto the packed highway, find another Maccas to appease the brats. fill the ‘truck’ at $1.91 a litre and head the fuk home with the other 19.3 million nufftys thinkin abbq at home and a sleep in would have been a good idea!! 🚙💨💨💨💨

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

6 Likes

5 Likes

This will cheer Terry up :grinning:

Qantas has been doing non-stop flights from London to Perth (19 hours) well before the pandemic, so an increase in one hour is not really news.

Wouldn’t fly with them until they have had a notable improvement in both reliability and customer service. Besides, 20 hours (or 19 for that matter) is too long to be stuck in a metal tube at 500+mph breathing strangers’ farts.

Agreed on all grounds. Having flown internationally with Quantas for 20 years to generate FF points for domestic use it was a relief to use other carriers. My experience is that anything beyond 12 hours becomes a very, very unpleasant experience. Melbourne-LAX is a horrible flight so what a flight that is 7 hours longer would be like beats me.

I would rather stop and have a shower, a change of clothes, some decent food and a nice solid poo halfway to be honest.

1 Like

At least Amber did a whole one

This came up on the Gove feeds yesterday
An oldie,but a goodie

https://youtu.be/_ih1EuMLspY

1 Like

It is election day in Straya so I am currently enjoying listening to ABC774 Melbourne at the moment. It looks like the Labour Party has won the election and will form Government in place of the coalition. Some very funny political interviews including one occasion where the interviewee spectacularly ‘dropped their bundle’ to use a colloquialism. Quite interesting how many independents are being elected so it isn’t clear that Labour will be able to form a majority Government.

Oh and it looks like the Kattar party has returned a candidate, who I presume is Bob the loon in the video in the previous post.

2 Likes

Well, at least that is SOME good news.

I was waiting until tomorrow to look as 2nd and 3rd preferences should have been counted.

1 Like

Get yourself onto the ABC internet feed so some top quality entertainment. Looks like the Libs are going to loose 15-20seats. The resulting interviews are very funny.

EDIT: Sky Australia have called it for Labour which is a huge surprise as it is (i) very early and (ii) still likely to be close to hung.

A Labour win could prove difficult given the (potential) for Blocking Supply…

I think the cross bench could be anything up to 15 or 16 which will make any legislation, even supply, very difficult. On the other hand, a very slim majority might sort those issues. We’ll find out in due course.

Meanwhile. time to stick the boot in:

2 Likes

Ha Ha ! That photo popped up on FaecesBook a few days ago, but I wasn’t game to repost until after the results.

1 Like

I notice the talk about Opposition Leader being Peter Dutton. Wow ! The Lib/NP must really have a lack of depth. Or they a looking for a “throwaway”.

1 Like

Indeed. I just listened to his speech. Mr D’uh-ton came across as massively underwhelming. Possibly the LNP need a wholesale refresh of the herd, but I don’t follow it closely enough to be able to say more.

The Greens appear to be doing very well. They are going to take several seats in the lower house and will possibly have the balance of power in the senate.

2 Likes

Likewise, I removed myself from the electoral list in 1998, so have taken less interest.
I still follow what family and friends bang on about, and like to be able to argue with some semblance of knowledge.
I’m ill equipped for ignorance.

2 Likes

Much to my surprise it looks like an outright majority for LAB. Really enjoying the LNP flinging shite about like a bunch of spoiled gibbons. Much amusement to be had.

2 Likes

Thank Fuck Australia has rejected post-truth politics, fuck off Morisson.

Does the UK have the balls and sense to do the same come 2024?

3 Likes