In the market for an estate

Yeah I’d prefer a Model 3 estate, the extra height in the Y mostly fucks up the dynamics and suspension. However, people want SUV style and so that’s what gets built.

SUVs are the preferred mode of transport for the Stepford wives to drive their offspring the 400yds to school,

As everyone knows I love estates and shooting breaks. I hate SUVs with a passion.
Hence I compromised both my taste and sanity buying the MG5 as it was the most estate looking Milk Float.

2 Likes

Brake :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Indeed. I blame the spillchucker.

1 Like

You could get it retro fitted.
Google for details.

Would a Land Rover disco be seen as an suv? I love mine and you can fit a small house content in with the seats down, mine seems to be rising in price despite being a deilsel 3 l

Thinking one day I will make it hybrid

I like Volvo estates too

I like the look of them but their reliability rep is off putting to say the least.

From carexpert.co.uk

“Like most Land Rovers, the Discovery has earned an abysmal reputation for reliability. As of October 2022, it has a shockingly bad reliability rating of 18% – one of the lowest scores of any car we currently track.”

Land Rover; Reliable - pick one.

1 Like

The answer is obvious:

:+1::grinning:

4 Likes

How are you getting on with yours Rob? I assume you like it as you are on your second one?

I’m on my 2nd Duster yes, this one’s a 1.3petrol turbo, it’s awesome :wink:.

To be honest it covers our family requirements (just) and returns 45mpg, but it doesn’t really do corners unsurprisingly, Donna’s Clio is light years ahead in that regard!

2 Likes

They seem to be very popular down here

my nephew runs a landy garage, his view is buy a pre 2016 one and they will be sorted for most issues - yes they will be a bit dearer to run than a honda or toyota but the space in the slab sided older ones is vast for moving house, towing pretty much anything but give it a wash and its a wedding car with all leather seats and a telly built in front and back

pick one with good history though
D

I was tempted before I got my milk float - the space for lugging and dog transport is great -

That’s before you drop the three seats, it’s practically a Luton van when flat but posh driver

I tend not to go far in mine as keeping the miles (cost) down so local trips and dog walking plus the odd big trip for holidays

1 Like

That’s bigger than the front room I had when I first moved down here

1 Like

open gusset shot

With all seven seats in place, the Discovery offers 280 litres of boot space, which is decent for a seven-seater. Put the rear seats down and that figure leaps to a massive 1,124 litres

2 Likes

There are a great many broken Discovery’s for sale about the internet. Especially them with a tdv6.
I am sure there are a few that are not broken, just yet.

Does Mrs myrman want an auto or manual estate?