Indian Restaurants in London

tourist shite, food from shared kitchens peddled from individual units.

Very tasty :+1:

:rofl: utter shite. Iā€™ve found one good one - The Shampan, on the corner of Hanbury St and Brick Lane. The rest are garbage.

Used to be a great place for curries when I lived there, was none of your beardy hipster types there then though.

You must have low standards, itā€™s always been crap.

2 Likes

probably, donā€™t remember having a really bad curry anywhere in whitechapel.

Had a Turan last night, it was delicious.

1 Like

You know how to hurt a person :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

brick lane is shite

Iā€™d say Trishna, Cinnamon Club in Westminster, Cafe Spice Namaste is ok. Quilon is good.

I have never had a decent meal at Dishoom.

Whilst the Turan food is good, they let us down with their delivery last Saturday (took two hours when they estimated 45 mins) - they were in total chaos and have stopped accepting orders when they knew they couldnā€™t fulfil the promised schedule.

oh and they arenā€™t go7ng to get back in my good books by giving a me complimentary bottle of red wine whose only use is clearing drains

Thank you.

2 Likes

you could donate to someone on hereā€¦ :grin:

4 Likes

Good call, or Chutney Mary in St Jamesā€¦

Once upon a time, in a land far, far awayā€¦

1 Like

Gymkhana Albemarle Street Mayfair London

Benares Berkeley Square House Mayfair London

I have eaten at Benares 3 times now, and I think it is overrated, an unadventurous in itā€™s cooking

Fuck me, most of those curry houses are fifty notes for a fucking curry for one. I hope they throw in a free fucking Naan!

Southall is a good call but only the Bangladeshi run establishments. If you can read Bengali, youā€™re on a winner :+1:

Donā€™t think so, but they were installing new kerbs in the designated shitting street last time I was thereā€¦*

(* some memes contain great truthsā€¦ :nauseated_face: )

Southall - I used to eat in Ritaā€™s Samosa Centre on a regular basis - cheaper than chips and very tasty.

Went to Gopals in Soho several times and it was excellent, but that was years ago

if they want or can tolerate veggie - then have a look at Drummond Street Diwana Bhel Poori House http://www.diwanabph.com/ an institution. Unfortunately the area is going to be razed for HS2 so go sample while you can.

I think the pub round the corner (The Bree Louise) which used to have a huge range of ales on tap, might have already pulled its last pint.

Oh thatā€™s a crying shame, that was a fine establishment. Their haggis pie was amazing.