Interesting Speakers

I have been looking at these as a domestically acceptable alternative to my tapped horns and mid-bass horns should we actually move, and I have to have speakers in the living room (I kid you not!!).
They can go back into the corners so I have tentative agreement. I already have the ES290 horns with compression drivers. Looking for an alternative to the TAD 1602b drivers that he is using here as they are spendy.
He sells the cad plans so I would just need to find someone who can build them.

3 Likes

On this we are in rock-solid agreement :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I would suggest Russ Collinson, but he seems caught up in house renovation and massive CNC machine games at the moment.

They are a fine looking pair of speakers

1 Like

Codpieces next :heart_eyes:

1 Like

They’re due back-in again to be fair…

Door slam Vs bass slam

Really nice looking things to my eyes :+1: (this may not be a good thing!).

kind of feel the top horn would look less obtrusive / jarring if it was the same colour as the cab.

3 Likes

Bass horn plan

6 Likes

Primitive but effective lathe because his mother-in-law asked for ‘a larger fruit bowl’ for Xmas ?

3 Likes

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Your next upgrade :+1:

FC6EAD70-3D91-46B9-B875-0A5DC2AF8438

1 Like
2 Likes

Built to an inch of their life

A pair of some kind of Asian? Tannoy Westminster copies but with 12" drivers at Ford car boot. Seller would take £75. I’m only here in a Yaris.:grin: Tempted.

16 Likes

Lopwell will be around soon

Have you got roof bars?

Sadly not. They’re fairly big. Must be 1.3m tall & quite wide & deep. The seller was some kind of house clearance guy & wanted rid at pretty much any price. I just don’t have the room either in this car or at home. He did briefly show me a pic of the driver (must’ve had the back off) and it looked like a copy of something from the 30s/40’s Indeed in hindsight it might have been a field coil magnet as in one place it said 700 ohm.