Interesting ways to eat mushrooms!

Trump bread? Looks orange in picture :tangerine:

It’s Warburtons so… fairly dubious stuff. The colour is largely down to the phone camera throwing a wobbly over the combination of low level sun and electric light.

1 Like

Carluccio’s still do a tasty mushroom soup.

1 Like

Soup sounds good. Dried mushrooms are great for adding a super mushroomy/savoury boost to anything

1 Like

Hmmm, just seen a method for doing that with them in a domestic oven.

Might give that a try, it would be a shame not to take advantage of the huge harvest available atm.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Flashbacks to 9/11

2 Likes

I had a terrible experience with those things when I was about 18, really very frightening. I was totally overwhelmed and at one point collapsed/passed out. I came to at the bottom of the escalator at Walthamstow Central Station with no real idea of how long I’d been unconscious, still totally in another world which I can remember with pin sharp detail now. Six hours of hell later the effects wore off but it was probably a couple of weeks before I felt less anxious about it. Horrible.

:exploding_head: I only ever had one really bad trip (LSD not shrooms), but nothing like what you experienced. Scary

I think there is a tipping point with them where it gets extreme, I’d had them before but it had been quite pleasant. There isn’t a reliable way of controlling the dose! The hallucinations were extraordinary but also auditory and everything was moving too. I remember feeling like the floor was undulating and the sensation came literally in waves, it was the same when sitting down-like being on a fairground ride. None of my senses were reliably normal. It was utterly overwhelming. Very dangerous drug, I had no clue what I was doing.

Anything organic will be entirely variable. On a much more mundane level, scotch bonnet chilis vary between something I could probably eat raw and untreated (I mean, I wouldn’t want to but I could) to something I’d need medical help for if I tried the same thing. Just to liven shit up, those two extremes look exactly the same.

5 Likes

That’s a good analogy.

Honestly, discussing it here, near 40 years after the event is making me anxious. It was very frightening.

2 Likes

You’ve got the added ‘fun factor’ that wild-picked shrooms will sometimes include pretty much any LBJ popping its head above the grass - and there are a number of quite toxic species potentially on such a roster - a number of very common Inocybe, Entoloma and Marasmius are toxic, potentially deadly if you ingest enough, other species are still understudied but potentially toxic - just one of any of them could precipitate physical and mental reactions which interact with your already overstimulated serotonin receptors and trigger a really bad trip.

2 Likes

I think they’re pretty much all cultivated indoors now. Haven’t done hallucinogens for a very long time, so I’m not sure on that.
The government here is talking about legalizing them. Might try them again for a one last time sort of thing if they are, but no desire to do them regularly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I used to pick mine and no kidding some mates and I would sometimes pick thousands. I remember once having a couple of carrier bags full which were emptied out on to a few sheets of newspaper on the dining table of a house we used to rent. An enormous pile of them.

Our village green is covered with them at times, if the weather is right in the autumn. I have never seen anyone picking them, maybe they have kinda gone out of fashion and people dont know what they look like…?

They’re a class A drug now so theoretically you could do a stretch just for picking them and putting them in a bag.
A Blair-Murdoch policy collaboration.

Well, they grow here and I suspect it would be a very long shot that plod would discover your stash.

Funzie funghi ftw

6 Likes

8 Likes

:rofl:
Very good!