It’s facked mate

No worries, just make sure you use the same model variant (if its available). If not then, a recone via Wembley Loudspeakers or Wilmslow should do the job, unless the voice coil has gone then its fucked and one of the recone kits is the best option from toutlehautparleur. I have used this dealer a couple of times and they are great, although less ideal buying from EU these days…

1 Like

What he’s got would sound better !

1 Like

You probably won’t need to do this. Just remove old foam, glue off, glue on, place on new foam, press gently.

But replacement seems possible, so go for that

Do they still play okay at low volume and have the right sort of resisrance?
About 6ohm?

Refoam is not too difficult, if the parts are available.
I did my 15" Tannoy HPDs years ago.

Of the two, I’d for with Wembley if farming out.

If no parts are available then model number T&S params, and there must be something good new from the likes of Eminence etc to suit. Wouldn’t break the bank and won’t have foam to go all crappy in the future.

1 Like

I’ve a pair of Celestion Dittons that I can lend you.

:sunglasses:

I think they are the 15 variant; can’t remember !

1 Like

Yes, but trolling is an art.

1 Like

I’ve got a pair of AE103s kicking about. You might have to collect them though…

1 Like

So removed one of the drivers and…

Direct replacement is £125 a side from La Vitrine du Haute-parleur via Amazon.

So it seems rude not to.

Once again thanks for the help, support and offers of speakers to tide me over. This place may present as a toxic pit of malcontents but it has a heart. And is also a toxic pit of malcontents.

9 Likes

So I can put the Linn Saras away again then?

Please god yes. Um I mean thanks for the kind offer but it is now unnecessary.

3 Likes

Anybody else?

No thanks :+1:

Keep them for bbq season

Anyone ordered from La Vitrine du Haut-parleur? I was expecting my long awaited drivers from them yesterday but now the status is just ‘delayed’ is this just to be expected Gallic laissez-faire or have I pissed 300 sheets up the wall, which I’ll get back because Amazon and credit card but it’s been fucking weeks.

Another “Brexit bonus”?

4 Likes

Well, Amazon refunded my money in about 30 seconds. Stupid french / putin / Brexit cunts.
Will try again in the new year unless someone can tell me a drop in replacement for the audax that is actually available from the uk.

If you need a hand with this, I’m based in France (as is @nafaiutb as it happens). Happy to lend a hand if needs be where I can, have done similar for a few others on here.

8 Likes

As Jon said, I’m happy to help with EU stuff

2 Likes

This place is the dogs bollocks. Thank you both. I’ll be looking again in the new year once the Xmas madness is over with. Thanks again.

2 Likes