It's time to discuss (argue about) pressure cookers

On non cooking days you can go curling with it.

1 Like

Not just a pressure cooker…

About this item
Multi-cooker with 6L capacity – Ideal for up to 4 people
The pressure cooker that crisps – Exclusive TenderCrisp Technology
9 ways to cook – Pressure Cook, Air Fry, Slow Cook, Grill, Steam, Sear/Sauté, Bake/Roast, Yoghurt & Dehydrate
Pressure cook up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods
Includes 6L Cooking Pot, 3.6L Cook & Crisp Basket, Reversible Rack, Recipe Guide. Dishwasher safe parts

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninja-OP300UK-Foodi-Pressure-Multi-Cooker/dp/B08JCKBT5G/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1GXYPXCILVDBE&dchild=1&keywords=ninja%2Bfoodi%2B6l%2Bmulti-cooker%2Bop300uk&qid=1604494397&sprefix=Ninja%2Bfoodi%2B6%2Caps%2C471&sr=8-2&th=1

It’s about that time, so I started to look how to do it, but could only find videos on how to convert an existing pressure cooker into a still… :thinking:

1 Like

Using nothing but a raspberry pi and some scrap horns. @AmDismal

3 Likes

[/quote]
but could only find videos on how to convert an existing pressure cooker into a still… :thinking:
[/quote]

Now we are talkin :+1:

1 Like

I have one of these, fantastic functionality in one unit, I can pressure cook a large chicken then switch to TenderCrisp, moist flesh, crisp skin in under 40 mins.

Standard issue for making dhal per MrsKettle’s Indian colleagues, so we are considering one.

We’ve had one for a few years and are considering getting a second, in part to add in sous vide and air fryer options.

I have no idea what air frying is

It’s for making healthy chips with the added advantage of making them taste like strips of balsa wood

:+1:

8 Likes

In my experience they don’t taste that good :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Stand behind me - you’ll soon find out :joy:

1 Like

Only if he lights a match :pleading_face:

2 Likes

We replaced a deep fat fryer with an air fryer about 10 years ago because kids and chicken nuggets and chips reasons. Very good way to make very unhealthy food less lethal.

That is child abuse!
You should be reported :astonished:

2 Likes

It is reward thing. Teaching the kids to eat cauliflower, curry, prawns and fish etc. Eat that today and chips on Saturday is the reward. I would have advocated the birch but I was overruled.

The cat of nine tails is still available for deployment over sprout refusal.

:innocent:

5 Likes

Cruel. And unusual. You’d better hope Social Services don’t find out …

VB

3 Likes

And having just tried the first Chole Masala from it we will be getting dried chickpeas in industrial/standard Indian supermarket (as the two measures are interchangeable) proportions.

2 Likes

Why doesn’t pressure cooking make meat tough and inedible? I cooked cubed lamb shoulder in a curry- 20mins high pressure in the instant pot then natural pressure release. The meat was really nicely cooked.