Kitchen Music - Advice wanted

Lovely stuff from here.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard. That looks like a sensible suggestion.

1 Like

How about a shed horn system?

4 Likes

I have a roberts radio in the kitchen (old one with aux input) and have attached an echo dot to it for Spotify etc, you could do the same and take the echo (maybe upgrade but it’s ok) to the shed for bike work

1 Like

Sonos is excellent, well made, sounds good and no faff.

Its was @Meridian_man’s first post. He’ll be recommending a flat screen TV with horn-loaded loudspeakers like the rest of us as soon as he gets the hang of it. I actually tried to stick to the brief for once.

:exploding_head:

1 Like

Have the same in the kitchen, it serves it’s purpose well and doesn’t offend aesthetically.

1 Like

Not sure if that is a positive or a negative on here :grinning:

Bit over budget🙂

1 Like

for a donation plus postage to the forum @Kevin can have the one I have here. Boxed and ready to go.

it’s not got the battery though. I believe they are still available on Amazon etc

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer Simon, but I have moved away from Squeezebox and my NAS no longer supports LMS so I will look to get something else.

Why not run LMS on a RPi pointed at the appropriate directory on the NAS?

[/Adam]

2 Likes

I still think that a simple Bluetooth approach is the right one

1 Like

2 Likes

Is it still April Fool’s Day? :grinning:

5 Likes

I have one of these for pottering around the house. Like it enough to have bought a second one when I foolishly let my son take the first one to uni.

I have 2 of these paired for stereo, great bass for their size.

What about the Ikea thingy they did together with Sonos?

1 Like

Got a Sonos One for our kitchen a few weeks ago. It’s very good, faff free, looks stylish, and sounds better than I was expecting - the bass is pretty impressive for such a small unit and if you position it right, doesn’t boom.

I’m actually now contemplating getting a Play 5 for the other side of the kitchen to provide some sonic beef / full audio coverage of the room.

4 Likes