Lawnmower action, Middle age; don't fight it, feel it

When I bought it, I could have had a Honda engined one instead, but the chap pointed us in the direction of the B&S, despite it being cheaper.

I hate mowing the lawn so I want a robot mower apparently the Husqvarna mowers are the bollocks but flymo do one that is apparently a Husqvarna in drag for less money.
Unfortunately my lawn though large doesnā€™t warrant spending a grand on a lawnmower and more on setup when the free battery qualcast doesnā€™t do too bad a job.

A self propelled rotary with a roller it is.

1 Like

got one in the garage somewhere- havenā€™t used it in about 3 or maybe 4 years

We inherited the Honda from the previous house owners - they kindly passed on the warranty card from July 89 :smiley:

2 Likes

The price of some of these are insane!

Iā€™ll start scouring the agricultural pages of local publications and see what that uncovers

Get something with a Honda or Briggs Stratton engine, both pretty much bombproof. Either that or do the sensible thing and get a cordless :+1:

1 Like

Yes a cordless petrol one is just what Iā€™m after.

With a roller.

1 Like

You loon.

Sorry, Iā€™m trying to educate pork here :roll_eyes:

Faecesbook Marketplace - upside: cheap, downside: nicked - but in due course itā€™ll be robbed out of your shed by pikeys, thus balancing the karmic books :+1:

Here you go, no roller, idealšŸ˜‚

1 Like

Its cordless too.

Throbber.

Maybe not.

1 Like

I might know the seller (used to live over the road from me, collects those and other heavy old engines, moved to Gloucs). If so heā€™s a good guy.

VB

1 Like

Honda Izy.
Bomb proof.
The end.

1 Like

I have a Honda Izy 16 inch mower. Fabulous thing. That said the deck rotted away. I replaced the deck. It is an easy enough job. Unbold stuff from the old deck and bolt it onto the new one. Took about a morning.

If you decide to scrap your existing Izy, you can sell the good bits to offset the cost of a new one.

1 Like

I need to buy a new mower, ideally a rotary, petrol and budgt Ā£300 or so.

Are Honda Izy still the way to go?

I have a large lawn and ditched my old heavy 21" Honda for a 56v EGO battery job - Very pleased Now had it 2 years -It really does compare well with the Honda for power.

Also It does pack up small.

1 Like