Leica MD-2 camera body

This handsome beast is a long-stalled project to get back into film photography. Fairly uncommon I believe - intended for fixed-mounting on things like microscopes &c, needs a viewfinder and lens for normal photography which are readily available.

I believe it dates from the very early 1980s, and was last serviced ca 2003, so would likely benefit from a service. Condition is near mint aside from the film-advance lever. Box and inner polystyrene packing are in good nick. No original paperwork or accessories aside from the square doo-dads (stop me if I get too technical).

Tidy examples with box go for ÂŁ650-ÂŁ700 on thiefbay, so how about ÂŁ450 for this one?

2 Likes

Just a thought. Leica Canada marked models do fetch a premium as collectibles, might be worth selling internationally.

2 Likes

Or walk into Red Dot Cameras the next time you’re near the Barbican. Save you dealing with nutters on eBay and the guy will know exactly what he’s looking at.

2 Likes

Thanks chaps. Must admit the cesspit of ebay does not appeal, a trip to the Barbican does rather more!

1 Like

Hit me up. Beer / lunch at the Jugged Hare.

2 Likes

Definitely, thanks - local knowledge would be very welcome: I’m full bumpkin mode nowadays, probably come home shirtless with magic beans in my pockets instead of my wallet…

The FT’s review of the Jugged Hare had the reviewer going there with friends from the shires who had come up for a classical concert at the Barbican.

They made the mistake of going there on a Thursday evening, the City’s traditional night out.

The reviewer noted that by the time they had got to their table “they looked like Russian peasants who had just watched Cossacks burn their village to the ground”.

It’s much quieter at the weekend.

2 Likes

Thursday sounds more fun mind…

2 Likes