Live Music Performances, interviews & Documentaries

2 Likes

Some front men have charisma or project raw sexuality, several ooze supreme confidence - Then there is Nutmeg, none of the above but a subtle x-factor that commands complete attention

1 Like

Some great music, great times.

I saw Rob Gordon in a record shop in Sheffield, Record Collector, only two weeks ago.

3 Likes

Great times. Hearing LFO in Occasions in Sheffield 91. Parrot and Winston Dj’ing. Hanging out in FON (Fuck of Nazi’s) records on Division street which later became Warp records. Unique 3, Sweet Excorcist, Those were the days.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/dusttodigital/status/1656329963497218048?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1656329963497218048|twgr^8b16d6be672f7c242d4b2e064b50ee244dfa3d83|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpublish.twitter.com%2F%3Fquery%3Dhttps3A2F2Ftwitter.com2Fdusttodigital2Fstatus2F1656329963497218048widget%3DTweet

Despite the shit twitter link this is quite something

2 Likes

Back in 1991 my cousin, who’d grown up in N Carolina married a girl from a Cajun family living in Opelousas. We (most of our family) went across for the wedding & spent a week in & around that part of Louisiana before spending some time in New Orleans. We went to quite a few Cajun dances which are really about the French/Arcadian culture that thrived down there but also went to a few places where the music was Zydeco which was this kind of washboard driven blues coming out of the black creole tradition. It was great, the food, the music the whole vibe. I could’ve stayed much longer. I must try to get us back there sometime.

5 Likes

Accordion action abounds

I think the accordion influence was more in the French style music than the zydeco if I remember correctly. I guess there was some crossover but the Cajun culture seemed quite tightly defined.

Brilliant.

I always remember back when we we’re fannying about in the psychobilly scene in the mid 80’s - one of the gigs we went to had the Deaf Heights Cajun Aces playing on the same bill and they absolutely floored everybody with their music.

Actually, thinking about it, the zydeco bands did often have an accordion so there was some of that French flavour to the sound. Maybe the Cajun music had more fiddles.

1 Like

Was thinking of this chap

4 Likes

Watched that when he posted it, he was a real kid in a sweet shop!

Reminded me a bit of the vids of the American fan boys being shown round Audio Note and almost coming as they were stroking black gate capoacitors

1 Like

You should have seen me in the Stax recording studio

5 Likes

Private / Vanity pressings, weird to see on the BBC

So pleased these amazing artists are getting the commercial success their talent deserves - just about the hippest band in the world right now.
This is an early live gig where they play all six tracks off their debut EP and is spellbindingly beautiful.
Salt In The Wound starting at 17:45 being the highlight if you want a taster.

3 Likes
2 Likes

(2021)

Really good account

1 Like