Lopwell 4

I need to get there early enough this time so I can have a piece. :smirk:

3 Likes

I’ll bring a few jars of home-made jam and chutney, a couple of cakes, plus some booze. I’ll do an overnight stop on the way down and I’m going on to Cornwall for a few days afterwards so don’t want to have loads of gear or raw meat on board. If we are short of something I’ll see what I can do.

Does anyone fancy scones?

4 Likes

I can bring the smoker and do the ribs again?

4 Likes

Delish!! as nice in a previous photo even better with cream and jam …Mmmm.

…Just the thought of them

1 Like

So we’ve got pork pie
I’ll do souvlaki Fri night
Wayne’s doing a curry too for Friday
Ribs and pizza Saturday
@wayward do you have room for your smoker? brisket perhaps? If not I’ll get some nice steaks for after the ribs, tomahawks maybe

I’ll get all the sausage bacon black/white pudding for breakfast and then anything else

I’m at the butcher’s on Saturday so would like to get the order in
So we have a few days to get our order right

Yes to scones Matt

We should get some bags of wood, whoever can do let me know and I’ll swing over some kitty

1 Like

Pasteis de Nata

1 Like

Excellent offer Guy, bring plenty.

1 Like

What about trying sous vide brisket?

24 hours should be ok, just set it up on Friday late afternoon…

1 Like

I have some wood and can also bring a gas ooni and a stand for it.

SV brisket or pulled pork sounds good - I have SV and gastronome plus insulation

1 Like

Would like to try sous vide brisket. 3hrs in the smoker on Friday afternoon, then sous vide 'til Saturday eve. :heart_eyes:

Yes yes yes a plan is coming together

What size brisket and how many racks of ribs?

My biggest container is 1/2 Gastronome size and I have various lid options - including corian!
I suspect that we will have to hack the BBQed lump in to 2 or 3 bit to get them suitably vacuum sealed. I do have a small vacuum sealer and some bags - I would suggest that it must be proper heat seal bags - Ikea type bags seem to fail frequently.

I think a whole one 10 - 12lb would be good - Ritchie?

What are we working on, a kilo of meat per person per meal?

4 Likes

I was going to say just the point end which is what we did last time. If there are other things on the menu it will be enough. If the smoker is only used for 3hrs on Friday, it’ll be free for something else on Saturday. Or we could cook a whole one, not done that before! :grin:

Well there will be more than five of us. Are you thinking of undercatering?