Mince Pie Conformist hand wringing and tears 2019

How cutting, are you Serbian?

1 Like

For all of you non conformists - the fusion of mince pie and bakewell tart… :thinking:

2 Likes

mince tart

That is the kind of non-conforming that requires the wood chipper and repeated applications of the flammenwerfer to truly deal with it properly.

I know you are moving to Norfolk @Jim but there is no need to abandon the trappings of civilised behaviour just yet.

1 Like

Just tried the M&S pie based on reviews -
The packaging uses the word ‘crispy’ - I held some hope the clag factor would be low? Negatory Sirs! The first one fell apart just coming out of it’s hateful silver hat. The pastry is so meepy it is almost like it surrenders attempting to be a pie in preference to being pappy sludge. I use the word Pie liberally as we are dealing with a ‘star’ lid, be it cruel cost saving or some cock eyed version with a ‘twist’ the effect punctures any potential for correctness. On the up side the filling is genuinely succulent with nice spicing - All told, this box will be bested, there will however be frowning with each bite.

3 Likes

Haha! I was just going to post something similar…

You wait until he has an extra finger on each hand and is permanently mumbling
Hev yew got a loight boy, Hev you got a loight… ?
:grin:

4 Likes

Bet the webbing between his fingers and his toes is growing in already.

3 Likes

All the better for fart wafting. :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

I suppose, given your garage related shenanigans, that you think that is a 7-pack of proper pies… :smirk:

Word of the day :+1:

2 Likes

Who Dares Wins

How does it sound?

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

I made a mince meat frangipane tart last year following a Mary Berry recipe, it was very good.

2 Likes

Yeah, the combination of almonds and mincemeat is where it’s at. Still couldn’t bring myself to stick marzipan in a mince pie mind.

I love marzipan, as a kid I would eat the marzipan and icing and leave the fruit cake if I could get away with it.

3 Likes

Pseudo-Scotchish shortbread encased mince pie:

Purchased by the Domestic Antipodean. ÂŁ3.49 for 6 pies is a bit of a piss take.

Free of dusting :heart_eyes:. The sugar glaze leads to them being a tad too sweet. Good fruit and spice filling but no sign of booze. Pastry/shortbread is very good for commercial tat. Puts last years Strayan Christmas Shart debacle into perspective.

Best so far this year.

1 Like

Ban him! Conformist rates unconventional pie as best so far.

Some frangipanes plus some for the purists with added seepage

7 Likes

Leftovers

4 Likes