Mince Pies & Other Metaphysical Musings -> 2019

It’s like chocolate in trifle, THAT kind of devilry.

1 Like

Burn them :imp:

2 Likes

Indeed, and we all know how that ended. :slight_smile:

#publiclyshunned

2 Likes

Are they a purchase made by your good self?

Good Christ man! No!.

My lovely wife, Gawd bless 'er took pity on them as she was leaving the shop.

Unsure whether to put them straight in the bin under cover of darkness or actually… like … eat one.

It’s at times like this I ask What Would Stronzetto Do?

Stronzetto doesn’t actually exist, he is the figment of a damaged mind. You are on your own, with your pies.

Do what thou wilt.

1 Like

3 Likes

Puff pastry mince cliffhanger:

Did he relent, scoff the pies in one sitting with half a carton of ice cream and then spend the night on the corner of the bed, rocking back and forth, concerned about a public shunning?

Did he put them back in the cupboard ready to admonish Mrs Bucket over her mince pie choices?

Or did he just bin them?

4 Likes

I’d go with#1, either way they’ll be in the bucket shortly :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

They are still untouched as I decide if they are fit for human consumption.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

If they’re anything like @Wayward’s coffee you’ll have to factor in time-related development. They might have been fine if you’d eaten them last night. But thyme and parsley wait for no man. By tomorrow they will have morphed again (maybe better, maybe worse ?).

Or you could load them with Warfarin and leave them in the void alongside that shower (do warn the electricians though).

VB

Is the uneaten pie an allegory for the Spatchcock situation? Forbidden fruit & all that.

4 Likes

You stand at the crossroads.

1 Like

I don’t think he should expect eating the pie to improve his guitar playing though.

VB

1 Like

The electricians can’t be found for love nor money as there is a lit blowlamp about, lest their chavvy tracky-bottoms catch a-flame. :slight_smile:

A crossroads indeed. My bet is that they will be full of air and lack taste, which reminds me… where is Bmtel these days? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have jumped headlong into the abyss…

Well what a surprising… err… surprise.

Very pleasant, pastry sweet and not dense quite crisp and yielding. Consistent amount of filling not too sweet but quite clovey.

Definitely have another soon.

1 Like

Pastry to mince balance look slightly wrong

But being flaky pastry it should be ok

Why have they got a hole in the top?

I’d guess to stop a mince-ectoplasm premature ejaculation whilst cooking.

Face it, @A_Touch_of_Cloth, it’s a fucking Eccles cake.

12 Likes