Mince Pies... The Many Unhappy Returns of the Clag Police

are you sure that was low alcohol beer?

Gave a puff pastry heresy 7.5/10. Bogus.

It has formed quite a potent combination with my anti-nausea meds and the after effects of dinner. Still rating it as rubbish though.

1 Like

Just had a look at some other GHK polls.
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/g26249872/food-awards/
Little faith can be placed in these peoples judgements. At best they have bad taste, at worst there have been snide backhanders

3 Likes

Yorkshire fucking tea…

They lost me at Heinz beans the tasteless cunts.

1 Like

Well the Heston lemony ones are lovely, but they’re scarcely mince pies.

Any potential clag is avoided by not having a pastry top at all. The topping is submissive to the bite and dissolves nicely. The base is closer to biscuit than pastry, and the filling is gooey and sticky, and not too sweet.

Once you accept that it’s not a mince pie, it’s lovely. Son preferred it to Charlie’s; I can see that you might think it’s nicer, but it’s not a mince pie.

OK, lets just not go down that road. I do not accept it isn’t a mince pie, it is a liar, a perversion, a bastard. I reject it with malice and ill will.

Going into denial by accepting something isn’t what it should be is absurd - eg

I accept this isn’t a mince pie, it is lovely.

4 Likes

I’m generally a passive person, but I won’t have peace of mind til Blumenthal is arrested

5 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

And…

1 Like

Good Housekeeping or the beanz ?

1 Like

Heinz beans are terrible. Waaay too sweet.

1 Like

A promising start to this years minced innings. Good House keeping have been undermined and roasted, meanwhile Heston has once again proven that just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

4 Likes

AA strapline.

1 Like

Flo made mince pie tiffin as a special birthday treat. A brownie made with chocolate, chopped up mince pies, toasted almonds, glace cherries and cranberries, orange zest and brandy.

9 Likes

Any left?

1 Like

Yes, I haven’t tried one yet either. Flo is in Ilford, we were going down there today, but it had to be postponed because she was sent home yesterday to isolate…again. :unamused:

I hope Flo is OK @Jim. I have put off reporting the mince pie tiffin to MI5 just this once.

2 Likes