1 Like

Bone Dave, not boner :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I know. Another feeble attempt at a joke I’m afraid. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Stick to straight acting Dave! :grinning:

get a decent horn to warn cyclysts

4 Likes

People have put some very loud horns on bikes.

Your YouTube viewing history must be …. Interesting

I have a somewhat simplistic view on this

People cycling to work, school or shopping in town aren’t going that much slower than the general flow of traffic and have, IMO, exactly as much right on the road as anybody else and the law should protect them because of their vulnerability.

Cyclists just using riding a bike for exercise on busy windy roads are being spectacularly inconsiderate and should be shot on sight.
They should get their arse into a gym, or get an exercise bike at home.

If it is because they have a gadget obsession with the bike itself, something a sad bugger like me can sympathise with, or want to see the countryside get onto the dirt roads like the ridgeway or go for a walk.

4 Likes

Then by the same (frankly disturbing) logic, you’d also shoot horse riders & tractor drivers for daring to be legally on a public road and having the gall to hold you up for a few seconds.
You have a right to be there, in your car.
So do they.
The difference is that you (car drivers) kill thousands of people every year. Cyclists, tractor drivers and horse riders by and
large don’t.

Don’t be stupid.
Tractors and horses are going about their legitimate business just like anybody going to school, work or shopping on their bike. It is only the inconsiderate ones who don’e even need to be on that road at all who are in the way.

I have no problem whatsoever with either horses or tractors just leisure cyclists who should be getting their exercise somewhere where it doesn’t needlessly inconvenience loads of other people. They would stick to the gym or ride dirt trails if they weren’t so selfish and inconsiderate.

I would love to see epic meltdown that would ensue if you posted that opinion on PFM Frank. The sheer mass of opprobrium would probably cause a seething singularity comprised entirely of compressed indignation.

3 Likes

Stop talking shite.

Sadly, Frank, the world is rarely so simple :wink:.

I used to cycle to work - five miles or so on quite a windy road that, when we were all going to work, tended to be busy. So, cycling to work, I’m OK, yes ?

But my wife was generally taking the car along the same road to her work. I could pretty much have ridden with her. I didn’t because the cycling was good for me, so now it’s exercise and I’m not OK ?

I worked long hours, and was busy fixing up an old house too, so I didn’t have time to set aside ‘just’ for exercise. I’d have been a lot less fit if I couldn’t have put my otherwise completely wasted commuting time to good use (getting some exercise) …

Complications, complications …

1 Like

I’ll admit to slight exaggeration.
There are plenty of more considerate ways to exercise.

I stopped riding a bike for exercise round here years ago because I thought it was very inconsiderate and caused unreasonable inconvenience to others.
I put up with the time wasted following cyclists on my way to work, where everybody spent 9 miles going the same speed as the slowest bike, because it is fair enough for somebody to need to go to work.
That was solved by a bike trail.

I have to say, some cyclists really piss me off, but I can’t deny them the right to cycle around the countryside or wherever they like.

Those drivers that go through country lanes and small villages at a constant 40, irrespective of conditions, they’re the ones that would get my front-loaded grenade launchers. It’s not whether they cycle or drive that matters; some people just deserve to die a violent death.

1 Like

:rofl:

BTW by writing things like that you come across as the archetypal bolshy drunk old man in the pub whom everyone politely ignores. But perhaps that was the effect you were after?

1 Like

No problem with somebody commuting on their bike for exercise Graeme, makes perfect sense.

Well at least there aren’t gazillions of them everywhere.
Round here is “Race horse valley” and so they are going about their legitimate business and I give them due consideration.
I give due consideration to the leisure cyclists too, I don’t want to cause anybody harm.

I just think they are a bunch of inconsiderate self important indignant cunts, thats all.

1 Like