Model making

Had a go at the F-117 this morning.
Could have done with a magnifying desk lamp.

6 Likes

Nice, but I can still see it. Is the stealth switched off ?

VB

4 Likes

Ordered this…

4 Likes

I use one of these:

3 Likes

That would help alot. I have good eye sight but it was still hard to do. Sitting on the sofa working on a tray didn’t help either.

My eyes are farked, the magnifier helps loads, I bought it mainly for SMD soldering. For the difference in price, I’d probably get an Optivisor one if buying again.

1 Like

This photo is the start of this thread becoming a collection of peculiar, expensive and absurdly niche tools and not models. I hope to learn more about airbrushing than any sane human being should know.

These are excellent for cutting things out of sprues.

These are waiting to be built

Then i want this

6 Likes

And this

4 Likes

Loved the Tamiya kits in my late teens. Building tanks and putting them into dioramas. Lost interest before getting the Panther, Tiger and Jagdtiger models.
Later on I got the Jaegermeister Porsche 911 race car in 1/24th I think it was. Did half of it wanting to super detail it as I went. Got half done then abandoned to the loft. Still there somewhere I think.
Really fancy the USS Enterprise model (US Navy rather than Star Trek!) but it would probably go the same way as the Porsche!

Does it come with Sylvia Simms, a pissed up John Mills and Anthony Quayle? Oh and Harry Andrews as a stoical RSM?

2 Likes

And a saaf afrikan in some way too tight shorts.

1 Like

I have a soft sport for the 25pdr, Tamiya are about the only decent model of it.

1 Like

That’s why they followed him when he went for a shit, forget all that radio stuff.

Never follow a man with a spade in the desert!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use those on steel!!! (E.g. the Metal earth stuff, plastic is fine) They have delicate edges on those true flush cutters.

Well yes, plastic, I was just joining in on the tools theme.

Would do nicely for my toenails :+1:

3 Likes

Haha, I use my Lindstroms for that. For the ultimate luxury cut, get Tronex. Just be sitting down when you look at the price!