Model making

That’s it done, coat of matt varnish tonight which will bed the decals in.

Tomorrow its on with phono stage.

7 Likes

There’s a trick of coating it in Klear floor polish before you glue it in because the Klear can be cleaned off.

Cyano glue can cause actual fogging, again the preventative measure is Klear because it doesn’t react with whatever vents from the CA.

But yeah I got gluey fingerprints on the Huey took ages of wet sanding and polishing with toothpaste to sort that.

2 Likes

Now I know how @coco feels in the coffee thread. :joy:

4 Likes

Lol, everyone, i think you meant everyone. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Impressive

2 Likes

Every day is a school day. Two lessons for me today:

Not heard of ‘transition curves’ before reading the article below. The comments section mentioned Templot:

Wow! Loads of work involved by the looks of it…

1 Like

Not made by me origami T-Rex :t_rex:

10 Likes

Azurosaurus

1 Like

My kids have unexpectedly got into painting Warhammer miniatures and I decided to join them, more to learn a new skill than anything else (I’ve always been crap at painting).

I’m vaguely contemplating getting an airbrush and compressor to speed up base painting. Does anyone have any recommendations for a more budget but still good one? It seems a bit of a minefield.

I just use an Amazon cheapola thing that came with a £90 compressor.

My boys were into it for a while.

3 Likes

You found it worked ok? I’d heard that cheap air sprays were meant to give worse results than spraying from a tin. Could have been from a pro perspective though.

Those are pretty well done. I really need to work on my brush control, find it impossible to get neat red eyes or a neat bronze line around the shoulder pads.

Far better than from a can. I might have just got lucky mind. I only really use it for base coats.

Since it was about £12 it seems worth a shot before buying an iwata or similar. I’m yet to bother upgrading.

5 Likes

Very nice, great edge highlighting around the eyes etc. (ooh get me with my fancy new lingo)…

My main tip would just be use thinned paints, and thin with a water/matt medium mix rather than plain water. The rest is just a bit of practice.

Will try that. I worked on it all afternoon and was better already after a few hours. I think I need a proper light source and magnifying glass though, for the detailing. My eyes just aren’t good enough unaided.

https://twitter.com/lnr_models/status/1764577634183196810?s=46

Anyone want this ?

Revell-Monogram High Tech F-117A Stealth. 1:48 scale, skill level 3. 1998 issue, made in USA. Parts still sealed in bags, decals, and instructions.
Throw £20 in the forum kitty and I’ll cover shipping :slightly_smiling_face:

Cat negotiable

2 Likes