....more armchair politics (Part 1)

1 Like
4 Likes

Iā€™ve had to take a pause from news and Twitter today.

2 Likes

Latest census results have now also confirmed that for the first time there are more people from a Catholic than Protestant background.

so what?

protestant = loony cunt
catholic = loony cunt

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

Itā€™s a momentous demographic shift that, along with Brexit and the Sinn Fein victory in the last elections, means the direction of travel is now towards a united Ireland.

1 Like

Im seriously considering moving there.

1 Like

not a chance of that happening in the next 20 years.

Ireland wants nothing to do with NI.

I think weā€™ll have to agree to differ on this. My view is that Ireland cannot be seen to be promoting or seeking reunification but when the day comes when the North decides, on its own, that it wants to be part of Ireland, I very much doubt that Ireland will stand in its way.

3 Likes

A 5 billion pounds cut to income tax and an extra 2 billion cut for the wealthiest who see 5% off their top rate.

Combine this with the NI cut and lifting of bonus levels and the Tories are literally giving money to the rich.

2 Likes

Would that be when slightly more than half of the North decides ā€¦ ?

Iā€™m a democrat, so Iā€™d accept the majority decision. But I fear Ian Paisley Jr et al wonā€™t, in much the same way that Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness didnā€™t during the ā€˜bombing and shootingā€™ phase of their careers when they were in a minority north of the border.

Governing a patch with an unhappy minority isnā€™t something Iā€™d want to have to do. I suspect Westminster wonā€™t be sorry to hand it to Dublin when the time comes. As you say, Dublin will have no choice but to take over. But in their heart of hearts Iā€™m not sure they want to.

I imagine that McGuinness & Adams probably didnā€™t think that the border had much real validity.

3 Likes

Youā€™ve been talking to that naughty Mr Putin, havenā€™t you ?

1 Like

I think it will be when the majority of people come to realise that theyā€™ll be far better off being a part of Ireland (and the EU) than an impoverished outpost of post Brexit Britain.

1 Like

That might even be true already - NI voted quite strongly to Remain. But however the majority might feel, the problem may be with the minority ā€¦

I think itā€™s just a matter of time though. There simply arenā€™t a sustainable number of orange babies being born.

I think the buffalo is the economy and the lions are the Toriesā€¦.

Iā€™ve just asked Lord Boots about associating his close relatives with Tories. This was his response.

4 Likes

Boots knows

1 Like