....more armchair politics (Part 1)

According to Wiki
Truss, an assembly of members such as beams, connected by nodes that create a rigid structure.
Somehow I think they may have to rewrite this definition regarding a rigid structure if she becomes PM. Not yet in situ and already making u turns on proposed policies, the cerebral vault appears empty and devoid of joined up thinking.

ftfy

3 Likes

9 Likes

Can you imagine the thought process that led to this?

2 Likes

8 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Economy talk

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/aug/04/winter-refusing-pay-energy-bills-pledge-campaign

1 Like

I’ve already signed up… fck them. I probably can afford to pay but I’ll be stopping my direct debits and not paying in support of those who can’t. Fck the lot of them. hopefully ten million sign up and then we will see how quickly the ruling class change their mind when they have a poll tax x 10 crisis on their hands,

Don’t Pay (dontpay.uk)

3 Likes

I’ve already signed up too.

Power to the people :fist:

1 Like

I’ll be fucked if I’m ruining my credit rating for a pointless gesture.

The retention / actionable rate for flyers (They seem to want to fund raise & leaflet drop ) is <5% . If they are looking for 1 million people they will have to print and distribute a fuck ton of flyers. Probably would do better with a press agency / publicity stunts / social media / lobbying etc.

Fund raising and effective media implementation plan is something Labour needs to completely re think.
(See Cambridge analytica and what is possible, this costs money and could be used for good.)

2 Likes

Was not paying the poll tax a pointless gesture? Not only did it get the tax reversed it played a large part in taking down Thatcher.

2 Likes

It didn’t achieve things to the extent you are claiming.

The moment opinion polls showed opposition and support switched to Labour the tories got scared. The majority of the cabinet disagreeing with the policy and wanting to reverse it is what took thatcher down and stopped poll tax.

It wasn’t the poll tax or a shift to Labour that toppled Thatcher. It was cabinet division over Europe and her increasing isolation and distrust in her cabinet. Also Dennis played a part.

7 Likes

oops, I forgot to attach second page in original post

3 Likes

Is “deliver” the new “winning”?

Nandy Boom :muscle::+1: