More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

I knew a group of vegans in the 90s.
We just used to feed them lentils, and occassionally curried lentils, we did let them keep their disgusting soya liquid in the fridge.
If we kept them stoned all the time they just used to mutter to themselves and sit around looking pale and ill and leave us alone.
I don’t think I would encourage such behaviour these days.
Probably kinder to have them put down.

6 Likes

I once shared a house with a vegan, he got all jittery when I left my leather shoes in a place he could see yhem. If I left them in his way, so he’d need to move them, he’d don a pair of marigolds.

He also completely freaked out when I cooked a lamb casserole in one of his pyrex dishes - retreated to his room from 3 days and prayed to an idol he worshipped at that looked like it was made from a bag of lima beans.

Nothing wrong with being vegan. It’s being righteous that fucks me off.

5 Likes

From the shoe thread, that is more likely a seizure from the ridiculous patterns than the material.

7 Likes

fxt

1981 Tomorrows world

1 Like

3 Likes

Sadly not what happened here

MrsKettle was talking to her NCT friend about the recipe for a sauce for home made pizza. Anyone else score more middle class points today?

My grandfather had bottle of Camp Coffee that had to have been 20-30 years old (this was in the 80’s). Never saw him use it, fluid level in the bottle never changed. Weird.

1 Like

That was my Dads idea of coffee whilst camping when I was a nipper.
Pleased to say I remember only a year or two of holiday exposure to it.

Not surprised grandads bottle stayed full.

3 Likes

My father was also a Camp coffee enthusiast. We used to laugh at him whilst drinking our sophisticated Nescafé.

3 Likes

My wife’s family use to drink Barley Cup… That stuff is fucking awful. I’ve finally converted her to decent coffee :sunglasses:

hmmm yum

I recall visiting Jimmy Hughes, the reviewer, on several occasions & the only hot drink on offer was Barleycup. It seemed a clever way of marketing sawdust.

2 Likes

was he the one that lived in the Barbican?

Yes, it was an interesting place to visit. I think I saw Clive James standing there a couple of times waiting for a car to pick him up

When I worked at Lasky the store manager was a chum of his - took me along for a visit a couple of times.

1 Like