More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

I once shared a house with a vegan, he got all jittery when I left my leather shoes in a place he could see yhem. If I left them in his way, so he’d need to move them, he’d don a pair of marigolds.

He also completely freaked out when I cooked a lamb casserole in one of his pyrex dishes - retreated to his room from 3 days and prayed to an idol he worshipped at that looked like it was made from a bag of lima beans.

Nothing wrong with being vegan. It’s being righteous that fucks me off.

5 Likes

From the shoe thread, that is more likely a seizure from the ridiculous patterns than the material.

7 Likes

fxt

1981 Tomorrows world

1 Like

3 Likes

Sadly not what happened here

MrsKettle was talking to her NCT friend about the recipe for a sauce for home made pizza. Anyone else score more middle class points today?

My grandfather had bottle of Camp Coffee that had to have been 20-30 years old (this was in the 80’s). Never saw him use it, fluid level in the bottle never changed. Weird.

1 Like

That was my Dads idea of coffee whilst camping when I was a nipper.
Pleased to say I remember only a year or two of holiday exposure to it.

Not surprised grandads bottle stayed full.

3 Likes

My father was also a Camp coffee enthusiast. We used to laugh at him whilst drinking our sophisticated Nescafé.

3 Likes

My wife’s family use to drink Barley Cup… That stuff is fucking awful. I’ve finally converted her to decent coffee :sunglasses:

hmmm yum

I recall visiting Jimmy Hughes, the reviewer, on several occasions & the only hot drink on offer was Barleycup. It seemed a clever way of marketing sawdust.

2 Likes

was he the one that lived in the Barbican?

Yes, it was an interesting place to visit. I think I saw Clive James standing there a couple of times waiting for a car to pick him up

When I worked at Lasky the store manager was a chum of his - took me along for a visit a couple of times.

1 Like

When I became vegan I met with some fellow vegans, and they all raved about Barleycup. It’s fucking horrible, and coffee is vegan anyway. Draw your own conclusions.

2 Likes