More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

:disappointed:

Sorry AA, I have failed you yet again.

5 Likes

There is always room for a trier here, dont give up

1 Like

Thereā€™s always whatā€™s left of the Wam if you donā€™t feel you can live up to our ludicrously arbitrary standards.

3 Likes

Harsh. We clearly do not have any standards whatsoever, otherwise carry on with your fine post.

1 Like

Is that still a thing then, the Wam? Last time I looked it appeared to be a mishmash of advertising and scum dealers touting 2nd hand stuff.

The internet in a nutshell

2 Likes

I hadnā€™t been over there for months, last time was when I was selling some kit for a mate.

Just had a look, Jesus, itā€™s in itā€™s deathbed as far as I can see.

(s)cum-ex. Easy to see why some of Europe wants shot of UK

Did you provide competition with your knowledge of vintage ABU fishing reels? :grinning:

2 Likes

Although they worked for a German bankā€¦

ā€¦and the UK ones are paragons of virtue???

1 Like

9 Likes

As someone who was once lost in Iceland, admittedly only for about 30 minutes, I have some sympathy with those people. I definitely was lost though. The only other person who knew I was out there was, in fact, out there alongside me. We were both lost, and it was getting dark and cold. I wouldnā€™t recommend it.

VB

1 Like

That why I shop at Lidl as there are only a few aisles

19 Likes

That joke was made inadvertently in real time by our niece, who was nearly four, and whoā€™d been told by her mum that Mrs VB and I were in Iceland. On the next shopping trip she asked why they hadnā€™t seen us yet, given that they were nearly at the checkout :slightly_smiling_face:.

VB

4 Likes

Are you impugning that Andyā€™s jokes are on par with a 4 year old.

If so I think youā€™re being overly generous.

3 Likes

She didnā€™t think she was joking. Actually, now I come to think of it, maybe Andy didnā€™t either ?

VB

Definitely not but the piece had a subtext of this being another reason some Europeans want us out of the eu, which seemed a bit rich when they were employed (authorised and abetted) by a German bank

Daughter on the phone to me: Thereā€™s a load of us going to Dover tomorrow to protest the fucking Nazis on the beach. You wanna come?

Me: I canā€™t. Iā€™m helping one of your nephews with some school work.

Daughter: Ok, cool.

Me: Please donā€™t get arrested.

Daughter: You did loads of times.

Me: Fair enough

22 Likes

Tell her to go in the morning, before the rain really gets started. I was rather hoping the self-appointed border guards would get the thunder and lightning and drenching weā€™re promised before dawn. But the forecast suggests itā€™ll have petered out to ordinary rain by the time it gets to Dover.

VB

1 Like