More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

It has to be said, I’ve moved from Amazon to eBay for my purchases of shitty CDs from the 90s.

The same item from the same seller (e.g. music magpie) is inevitably cheaper on eBay. I can only assume that the cost of selling on Amazon is higher.

1 Like

I hope she has better customer service,

1 Like

Yes, same. Most of the Amazon stuff is at least 25% more expensive. I used them when they had £0.01 CDs and bought loads, but these are now £9.99 the cunts.

2 Likes

+1 for a Music Magpie

1 Like

other than wet wipes - anything need a “Fine to flush” logo

Trump’s eyes have been troubling me lately. What colour are they? In every picture or bit of video I see they either look like dead black shark/dolls eyes or two piss holes in the snow :thinking:

1 Like

By the way, as of sometime this morning Microsoft have fixed the 1:25000 and 1:50000 OS maps failure in Bing Maps. I don’t know what the problem was (it wasn’t with OS, it seems) but I imagine that it was the ‘update’ people aka the “if it ain’t bust then bust it” brigade, as usual. Every large organisation has within it a group of people whose sole activity is justifying their own existence (What do you do ? I do upgrades. Is our product sufficiently defective that it needs upgrades ? Well it must be, otherwise you wouldn’t pay me to fuck about with it, including breaking it quite badly from time to time, would you ?)

VB

2 Likes

Terry’s records.

2 Likes

Wrong thread.

Not soft or strong, but the very long bit is covered.

4 Likes

There ain’t a foul drain in the country up to that job. A 250 ton prog-berg in the sewer is a certainty.

4 Likes

You’re all cuntz :unamused:

5 Likes

The 1p CDs were never from Amazon but second hand from 3rd party sellers. they used to make their money on the P&P.
Royal Mail put up their prices year on year but the Amazon P&P price stayed the same, the sellers couldn’t make any money, so up went all the prices, Amazon don’t set a minimum price, the sellers have had to, not to £9.99 though

Yep 1p + £1.24 postage from marketplace sellers, now they are £8-ish plus more postage. Amazon were pissed that the market traders sold lots more than they did and upped the charges.

Typically eBay are a lot cheaper.

The postage is still £1.26 from UK sellers, it was the same 10 years ago.Amazon set max postage charges for books and CDs for Uk sellers
there are still CDs on Amazon for £3.40 inc p&p
The software we used when I sold thousands of books and CDs on Amazon, ebay and Play used to advertise the same product on all sites , and dynamic price against the Amazon market, which is what drove prices down to 1p. You could set filters to ignore certain sellers and set minimums but just like you Bob most buyers only worried about price and if you weren’t the cheapest in the market you couldn’t sell anything.
The prices have probably gone up because the supply has gone down, the general public got rid of their CDs years ago and haven’t bought any more.

1 Like

What a tragedy. Seems they are speculating on some news sites that it may have been caused by his yellow fever vaccination. I remember being warned that there were risks when I had mine, although it was stressed that they were vanishingly small.

1 Like

What goes through the minds of the brainless fuckwits who thought this might be a good idea?

They’re even stupid enough (or is it false advertising) to superimpose images of Emperor Penguins on their shitty ice rink.

If I had to guess, I would say money. It’s bad enough that many zoos are notjhing more than money making enterprises, but this takes the bloody biscuit.

7 Likes

5 Likes