More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

4 Likes

50902094_2420660074630220_5354983482558775296_n

9 Likes

Don’t look Stu :tired_face:

4 Likes

Has @Wayward been cooking mince pies again?

9 Likes

Noooooooooooo!

1 Like

Alfred woz ere

1 Like

Ahahahahahah!

3 Likes

I know I’m a moany, out of touch old cunt but when the fuck did influencer become a thing FFS? Or even a word!

Influencer Rachel Hollis Is Facing Accusations She Is Plagiarizing On Her Instagram https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stephaniemcneal/rachel-hollis-girl-wash-face-accused-plagiarizing-quotes

1 Like

When You Tube/Instagram/Snapchat became a thing.
Get some percieved credibility behind you and a load of subscribers and start telling people that this make up/hifi/golf club/jacket/watch brand is the best/worst and watch the sponsorship roll in, and the income from the platform now you have enough viewers for advertisers to pay to access them.

Big bucks for some.

1 Like

Trump blotter acid . . .

3 Likes

A load of bad trips there. :grinning:

4 Likes

So advertising then

Sort of, in the same way a car review show is advertising the cars, they may well get a negative review but the subscribers pay attention. So the peoples opinions influence other peoples purchases but the suppliers don’t normally pay the influencer directly.

This sort of thing

Not suggesting you watch this but the guy doing the reviews isn’t paid by the manufacturers but certainly influence peoples buying decisions, similar to HiFI Choice review 5 x CD players under £1500, that sort of thing.

The golf guy has over 5000 subscribers to his you tube channel,

1 Like

Yes, some of them recently got taken to task for advertising thinly disguised as recommendations. It appears the ASA has said that vloggers will have to back up claims they make about a product with evidence, should throw some of them off kilter at least.

1 Like

no shit man…i’ve been a footwear influencer for decades.

2 Likes

Should have mentioned that some have 20 million followers and the beauty advice types make serious money at it.

7 Likes

Influencer

2 Likes

Effluencer more like