More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

Most excellent

Serious question - where would a bulb of that power be used?

TV studio

Thank you.

Pah…

4 Likes
2 Likes

Yup. I once worked a 3kW follow-spot in the Oxford Playhouse. It was the biggest they had. But 2kW lamps were fairly commonplace. Much above 3kW and they started to switch from filaments to arc lamps though. The beauty of filament lamps is the colour change (cold to warm obvs) as you dim them.

VB

3 Likes

No. The downside of filament lamps is the colour change as you dim them. What is usually required in theatre is constant colour at a lower light level. It’s doable but a faff often with the lamp running at full and Neutral Density filters doing the dimming.

Well of course it depends entirely on the effect you’re trying to achieve :grin:. When all we had were incandescent lamps directors grumbled about the colour change. Now we mostly use LEDs, with the colour (at least the absolute colour, neglecting our eyes’ perception changing as the light level drops) not changing as they’re dimmed, the directors sometimes say they miss the old warming as the sun set.

I’m not speaking first-hand here - it’s nearly 40 years since I was at a theatre lighting desk - but I did sort the lighting control for this

and spent a while chatting to the lighting guys from Halo who fitted all the lamps into the ceiling. They told me that they were still supplying incandescent lamps, despite the LEDs being much more efficient and reliable, because there was still demand for the colour properties of the incandescents.

VB

All very impressive but what on earth is that creature in front of her?

Very good, looks like a dog with a pig’s snout until you realise it is a border collie licking his nose

3 Likes

Ah yes :man_facepalming:

I had the misfortune to watch 5 mins of his stand up once.

I think I would rather watch Kim Jong-Un videos (in Korean)

3 Likes

The ASA should investigate his claim to be a “comedian”

Funny as toothache.

4 Likes

Spending too much time surfing and not enough time walking by the look of that dog.

The bitch looks fit enough to me!

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Fatberg of utter drivel and fekin’ fish puns a.k.a Jim’s jokes