More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

Well, strictly an AoA indication is not required for certification. Plus the raw readout is not actually that useful. But yes, Boeing have fucked up massively.

2 Likes

Officers used pepper spray and tear gas after attempts to disperse the crowds with loudspeakers failed.

Amateurs.

VB

2 Likes

Why break it up. let the brainless cunts clean up the gene pool.

2 Likes

So there is a recognised safety problem that a number of optional fixes that have previously been developed but not enforced as they are chargeable extras and involve costly pilot training,

Cannot understand this tbh from the seller or buyers perspective. Sounds like Trump negotiated the deal.

1 Like

Not really, no. The AOA indicator, or lack of, isn’t the actual issue.

1 Like

The Disasters Emergency Committee appeal for Cyclone Udai is now up and running.

1 Like

In an age of 24-hour news, declining ratings and intense competition, the commodity in greatest demand is noise. Never mind the content, never mind the facts: all that now counts is impact. A loudmouthed buffoon, already the object of public outrage, is a far more bankable asset than someone who knows what they’re talking about 

On both sides of the Atlantic, the unscrupulous, duplicitous and preposterous are brought to the fore, as programme-makers seek to generate noise. Malicious clowns are invited to discuss issues of the utmost complexity. Ludicrous twerps are sought out and lionised. The BBC used its current affairs programmes to turn Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees-Mogg into reality TV stars, and now they have the nation in their hands.

Sad but true.

VB

4 Likes

6 Likes

OK, no idea where to put this, so

BBC News - Decades of Metal

1 Like

Put it here so no-one would be tempted to start cable thread. Mortgage required.

FFS, its a network cable. Good job we don’t patch our servers and PC’s with these at work. Actually thats about £1k more than the price of a top spec POE 48 port Cisco Switch.

1 Like

Unfortunately they’ll just keep increasing the prices until people stop buying.

There must still be a few gumbies out there who have convinced themselves that they can hear differences between ethernet cables.

2 Likes

See my post in local news - 35 pages on another forum as to whether Cat 8 is better than Cat X.

1 Like

What was the conclusion?

Basically if you have a very expensive Linn system, have room optimisation and have carried out numerous “tweeks” then the Cat 8 is better, though Linn says the Cat 7 is recommended. At least I think that is what it said before I gave up reading.

I got a yellow card and was suspended for 24 hours so might have missed something.

I gave up after this response to my summary of one post from the OP. Just checked again - 35 pages.

Me > > I think you have summed up your input to the entire thread here. “If you don’t have Linn equipment and agree with me you are inferior.” So I don’'t with either point and therefore aren’t relevant.

I do find the general tone amusing though so please carry on.

Him - I can see from your post that your thong panties are 2 or 3 sizes too small?

BTW, hot pink doesn’t suit you, and doesn’t match your tan line. :D

I don’t agree with you, but I don’t judge you for being wrong.

I enjoy my Linn HiFi very much, but have heard many outstanding stereos from a multitude of manuï»żfacturers

Me - Oh dear, bless! Please try harder.

2 Likes

I was gonna put this in the joke thread. Then thought better of it.

6 Likes

Given the tenor of the questions, this surprised me with a non-obvious but correct-ish answer.
[Fantasy on a Theme - Tallis]
Don’t know how I disguised my intriguement with (instrumental) J. S. Bach. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ha! It gave me my least favourite; Mahler’s 2nd.

Meaningless questions are meaningless.

1 Like