Multimeter needed

I have a couple of sets of these, they seem to be ok

https://uk.farnell.com/keysight-technologies/u8202a/test-lead-kit-electronic/dp/1714844#

I got my Weller WSD81 solder station off eBay 5 years ago and it’s been great

1 Like

Cheers Dave.

I got the RS unit as linked.

Some urgent help needed. I have a capacitor removed that is 50v and 100uf.

I have run out of the replacements and I am one short.

Can I use a 200v 220uf ?

Other than that I have only 16v ones left. It’s twelve quid postage from Mowser for one more. :frowning:

You can go up in voltage but as a general rule I wouldn’t go up in uf.

1 Like

It depends what the capacitor does.

You can order from RS, they no longer have a min. Order value for free shipping. Or CPC Farnell.

Edit: just checked, CPC only have free delivery fur orders over £8.

I can have a look tonight, I might have some.

1 Like

May have sorted it.

I recapped one psu and the guide is to stick in
16v 680uf for the old 16v 100uf.
Having done the second supply it seems that the first had already been recapped (bbc unit) and they had used 50v 560uf (which I copied like for like as I found them despite the guide).

I’ll go back in and swap them out for the suggested 16 680. Which frees up the two I bought for the ones now missing!

Just hassle.

1 Like

All done.

But I had a yellow, plastic plug holder disintegrate on me.

It holds three crimped metal sleeves on to metal poles.

No idea what it is to order, if you can replace it?

Bottom of it

Appears to be this with the reverse protection.
Damned if I can find any to buy!!

https://www.jst.co.uk/productSeries.php?pid=100&cat=30

I’d give them a call and ask where you can get just one. They might just mail you a sample. Otherwise if it’s the standard 2.54mm pitch you could use a plain 4-way housing and plug the location hole with something (drop of epoxy, plastic cocktail stick melted in with a hot nail, maybe hot-melt glue etc). I assume the grooves in the sides don’t have corresponding ribs on the header.

VB

1 Like

This might do.

Let me have your address & I’ll send it.

I’d guess these holes are at 5mm pitch. I’ll get the dig calipers out tomorrow & measure.

1 Like

Looks identical.
Thanks!

Time for a bit of thread resurrection methinks.

I need a multimeter up to about £50 I guess, primarily to bias an amp I’ve bought.

I couldn’t tell a good from bad meter, so polite suggestions welcomed.

Ta

4 Likes

Hence my thread resurrection opener.

I am interested to see if there are any new kids on the block, or if the same 2 year old recommendations still hold.

1 Like
3 Likes

I have an excellent fluke which I no longer need. But it’s twice your budget if I sold it (which is still well under half price).
You can borrow it…

Is that cheap fluke any good?

http://testmeterpro.com/fluke-101-review/#:~:text=The%20Fluke%20101%20review%20of%20this%20pocket%20meter,partially%20enclosed%20in%20a%20trademark%20integrated%20rubber%20holster.

From that review the Amprobe pm55a looks even better! Hmm, might buy something…

Just checked. I have a fluke 179
Happy to sell this for £110.

Seem to retail over 300 now with vat on.
Too good to be in the drawer.

(The more astute among you may see a post up thread about me buying one for 80 something. That was a scam. It never came!).

The 179 is a great meter.